Gender and Sexuality Studies
Welcome to the minor in Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of West Georgia!
This interdisciplinary minor provides a humanities-based forum for examining gender and sexuality in global cultures. Students in the minor learn about—and challenge their understandings of—topics such as LGBTQ sexual diversity, gender differences across cultures, and how femininity and masculinity have changed over time. Courses in the minor focus on representations of gender and sexuality across the arts, history, media, languages, and social sciences.
The Gender and Sexuality Studies minor requires 15 credit hours from the following:
- One required course: XIDS 2100: Introduction to Gender and Sexuality Studies (3 hours)
- Elective courses: courses approved for minor credit* (12 hours)
- Electives must be approved by the program director, and must be from at least two different disciplines. No more than three elective credits (3 hours) can be at the 2000 level, and at least three elective credits (3 hours) must be at the 4000 level.
- To declare a minor, please submit the declaration form.
- Please contact Dr. Matt Franks if you have any questions: email@example.com.
Dr. Matt Franks
Director of the Minor in Gender and Sexuality Studies
Assistant Professor of English
Phone: (678) 839-4875