Meet Your Committee
University of West Georgia President Brendan B. Kelly has appointed a 21-member committee of student-athletes, coaches, faculty, staff, alumni, donors, and community leaders to begin a nationwide search for a new Director of Athletics. Collegiate Consulting will be assisting with the search.
The search committee will be chaired by UWG vice president for university advancement and CEO of university foundations, Dr. Meredith Brunen.
"I am excited for this critical search to have a team of experienced and highly knowledgeable individuals who all have a love for the University of West Georgia and our athletics program," Dr. Kelly said. "As vice president for university advancement, Dr. Brunen knows firsthand how athletics is the university's front porch, building affinity and community among our students, faculty, staff, alumni, supporters, and other members of the campus community. I look forward to the recommendation from this team and moving this crucial piece of the university experience forward."
The search committee will not publicly comment on the search progress until a decision is announced, and the search will be carried out in strict confidence.
- Tyrell Adams ‘14, member of the UWG Athletic Foundation Board, and linebacker for the NFL’s Houston Texans
- Jacie Arrington, UWG senior, member of the UWG softball team, member of the student-athlete advisory council executive board
- Ryan Bailey, Head Coach for UWG men's and women's cross country and track and field
- Stacey Balaam, Head Coach for UWG women's soccer
- Michael Cooney, Director of Development for UWG Athletics
- John Copeland ‘97, Vice Chair of the UWG Athletic Foundation Board, and division controller -- SE heavy civil for Archer Western, a member of The Walsh Group
- Dr. Morris Council III, faculty athletic representative and assistant professor in the Department of Literacy and Special Education
- Rahmel Cowan, Chief of Staff for UWG’s vice president of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Hasco Craver, Assistant City Manager for The City of Newnan
- Eddy Crumbley '71, past chair of the UWG Athletic Foundation Board, member of the Champions Council for UWG Athletics, and UWG Hall of Fame inductee
- Jay Gill, Vice President of Communications and Economic Development for Carroll Electric Membership Corporation
- Tonya Jackson, trustee for UWG Foundation Board and Business Development Manager for RA-LIN and Associates, Inc.
- Justin Johnson, UWG junior, member of the UWG baseball team, member of the student-athlete advisory council
- Dave Knight '73, member of the UWG Athletic Foundation Board and member of the Champions Council for UWG Athletics
- Michael Miller, UWG senior, member of the UWG football team, member of the student-athlete advisory council executive board
- Dr. Bob Morris, faculty athletic representative and professor in the Department of Early Childhood through Secondary Education
- Nicole Nichols, Head Coach for UWG cheer
- Cade Parian ‘00, attorney at The Parian Law Firm
- Rebecca Smith '96 '20, Chair of the UWG Athletic Foundation Board, and Associate Director of UWG Newnan and USG eCampus
- Bill Stone, President and Chief Financial Officer for SMI