EverFi Instructions & FAQ
These courses are required to help support one of our many goals, which is to provide a safe environment where students are able to work, learn and succeed. These courses will be available starting July 28, 2021.
Undergraduate Students are required to complete the following trainings:
- AlcoholEdu (Part 1&2)
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduate Students (SAPU, Part 1&2)
Graduate Students are required to complete the following trainings:
- AlcoholEdu (Part 1&2)
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduate Students (SAPG, Part 1&2)
Part 1 for both trainings are due no later than September 9, 2021.
Part 2 for both trainings is due no later than October 15, 2021.
Failure to complete these trainings could result in holds on your course registration(s).
- Always sign in by accessing the University of West Georgia's myUWG portal at https://myuwg.westga.edu/.
- Access the courses by clicking the EverFi training link under the "External Resources" tab.
- If you have myUWG login problems, contact the ITS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 678-839-6587.
- Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu and SAPU or SAPG by September 9, 2021.
- After Part 1 is completed, you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu and SAPU or SAPG which must be completed by October 15, 2021.
- If you have EverFi login problems, contact Marie Melkowski at email@example.com.
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure participants' attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential. The university will only receive information about the participant group as a whole and will never see individual answers.
- Should you experience problems, the EverFi Technical Support Team is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the help link within the courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I required to take this training?
- At the University of West Georgia all Freshmen, new Transfer students, new Athletes, and new members of Greek Life are required to take both AlcoholEdu and SAPU. All new Graduate students are required to take both AlcoholEdu and SAPG.
When will the training become available?
- The training will become available Wednesday, July 28, 2021.
- Both AlcoholEdu and SAPU or SAPG have two parts (Part 1 and Part 2). You must complete both parts to meet the requirement. Part 2 of each course will become available to you after you complete Part 1.
Why do I have to take this training?
- The University System of Georgia requires students to complete AlcoholEdu (alcohol and drug awareness) and SAPU or SAPG (sexual assault training) programs.
I am not a Freshmen, new Transfer student, new Graduate student, or new member of Greek Life, do I have to do this training?
- No, at this time the University of West Georgia only requires all Freshmen, new Transfer students, new Graduate students, new Athletes, and new members of Greek Life to complete AlcoholEdu and SAPU or SAPG.
I've completed AlcoholEdu do I still need to complete SAPU or SAPG?
- Yes, AlcoholEdu and SAPU or SAPG are two separate courses and students are required to complete both.
Are students in on-line programs required to complete the training?
- Students enrolled in on-line programs are required to complete both courses.
Are dual-enrolled students required to take this training?
- No, dual-enrolled students are not required to take this training. Only Freshmen, new Transfer students, new Graduate students, new Athletes, and new members of Greek Life are required to take this training.
How do I access the training?
- You may access the training by visiting the myUWG portal and clicking the "External Resources" tab.
- You will then click the "EverFi AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergrads (SAPU)" or "EverFi AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduate Students (SAPG)" link. Use your credentials to register and complete the courses.
How are the courses set up?
- Both AlcoholEdu and SAPU or SAPG have two parts. After completing Part 1, students will receive an invitation inviting them to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu and SAPU or SAPG.
How long does it take to complete the training?
- Both trainings will only require a few hours of the students' time (about 1hr and 30 minutes for each course). Students can complete each module at one time or they can spread the training out over a span of time by completing and saving small segments each time they visit the module.
Do I have to complete both courses at one time?
- No, the courses are structured in a way that you can complete them in multiple sittings and at your own pace. For example, if you want to do 20 minutes on a day and then take a break, you can do that! The course will save your work when you log out and you can start up again where you left off the next time you log in.
- The one requirement is that you must complete both courses in their entirety by the deadlines:
Part 1 Deadline = September 9, 2021
Part 2 Deadline = October 15, 2021
What do I do if my screen is blank, frozen, etc? (computer/system issues)
Resolve Most Issues with these Steps:
- Switch browsers --- use Chrome or Firefox when you can instead of IE.
- Clear Cache: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache.
- If you seem stuck, your screen may be zoomed in too much causing you to miss a prompt or navigation button. To zoom out on a PC hit "control 0 (zero)" and on a Mac hit "command 0 (zero)".
- Restart your computer.
- Change WiFi server.
Still need help? Contact EverFi's 24/7 Tech Support Team
- Click the "Help" link at the bottom of your dashboard when you log into your EverFi account.
- Also, the following link will bring you directly to the Online help Center: http://support.everfi.com.
- Phone Number to speak with EverFi Support Representative: 1-866-384-9062.
- If you have EverFi login problems (issues using your UWG username and password), contact Marie Melkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.