- Open to any UWG full-time or part-time benefited staff member who has successfully completed at least one year of employment in a benefits-eligible position by the application date for the academic year.
- Short statement explaining how this educational program will impact you professionally. (250 words or less)
- Supporting documents as required to pay the reimbursement as adhered by the UWG travel and purchasing guidelines: Attending a conference, workshop, or training opportunity, Enrolling in short courses or other appropriate short-term experiences, or other activities directly related to the staff’s professional development.
- Applicants must not have received funds from the SAC Professional Development Award Program in the last year.
- The award will reimburse the cost of travel and/or registration, up to $250 to be used during the academic year in which it is awarded.
- The award can only be used for the described and approved opportunity that was detailed in the application.
Award recipient(s) will be selected by the SAC Staff Development Committee. Applications are due September 1, December 1, and March 1, each year. Recipient(s) will be notified within 5 business days after the due date.
Fine Print Details: SAC Staff Development Committee members are not eligible to select recipients if they are applying for the award. If this occurs, the Staff Development Committee will ask other SAC representatives to fill in. Recipients must seek refund on registration if they fail to attend training/conference. Failure to comply will result in ineligibility for the award in the future.
Congratulations to our Winners!
March 1st 2019 - Christy Rabern - eCampus, Deidre Rouse - Center for Diversity and Inclusion, Georgia Shoemake - eCampus, Jennifer Sutton - Library, Kayla Whitter - Advising Center, Kevin King - Registrar's Office, Susan Smith - Pre-K, Whitney Benefield - Advancement
December 1st 2018- Ashlee Pollard - Undergraduate Admissions, Duane Theobald - University Writing Center, Jenny Ingram - Purchasing Services, Logan Taulien - Undergraduate Admissions, Lisa Little - Purchasing Services, Melissa Frederick - Registrar's Office, Nikki Henderson - eCampus