Love UWG, but Live Out of State?
The Office of Admissions knows that being an out of state student comes with a heavier financial responsibility, but UWG values the diversity that out of state students bring to campus. UWG’s Office of Admissions offers a limited number of out of state tuition waivers to encourage students who reside outside the state of Georgia to enroll with UWG without the overwhelming cost of out of state tuition. Freshman and transfer students who meet the minimum requirements must be accepted to the university to be considered.
The average cost of attendance at the University of West Georgia for in-state students including tuition and fees, meal plan, housing and books is $7,990/semester, while an out of state students’ cost of attendance is $14,438/semester. The out of state tuition waiver saves a student approximately $13,000/academic year, totaling $52,000 in savings for four years of education.
Out of State Tuition Waivers
Minimum Criteria for Consideration:
- Minimum High School GPA (in college preparatory courses) of 3.08
- Transfer GPA of 2.5
- SAT Critical Reading: 480
- SAT Math: 470
- ACT English: 20
- ACT Math: 19
Criteria to Maintain In-State Tuition Rates:
- Must complete 40 hours of community service for the Office of Admissions each academic year
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative college GPA at UWG
- Must attend full-time, on campus. 12 or more credit hours per semester.
How to Apply for the Out of State Tuition Waiver:
- Click here for the Office of Admissions' Out of State Tuition Waiver
- Create an account
- Find "Out of State Tuition Waiver"
For more information regarding the Out of State Tuition Waivers, please contact email@example.com.