Z-6 Dining Hall
Tuesday, March 02, 2021 Start Time TBA
When: March 2nd-3rd
Where: Virtual and Hybrid (in person w remote viewing)
What: A celebration of global education, international and multi-cultural students, staff and faculty at UWG in lieu of the 2020 Olympic Games
- Opening Ceremony: 11:00am, Z6 Dining Hall + Live Stream (link TBD)
- Welcome, Tribute Video, Parade of Nations (Olympic Ceremony Montage), UWG Chamber singers
- International Student Panel: 12:00 - 12:30PM EST (Zoom Link)
- African Head Ties with Ms. Doris: 1:00PM EST
- Reyko LIVE: 2:00PM - 3:30PM EST (a Spanish "Electropop Duo" based in London). Presented by the Spanish Embassy in the U.S.
- Culture Through Cuisine LIVE and Z6 Cafeteria: 12:00PM - 1:00PM. Kala (Blackeyed pea fritters from Curacao) prepared by UWG Int'l student, Henna Narang and Chef Jason
- Spanish Poetry Reading: 1:30PM EST *Can be viewed anytime.
- International Folklore: 2:15PM EST *Can be viewed anytime at the links below.
- Dr. Anca Koczkas and Dr. Ana Zapata-Calle explain some objects from Spanish Folklore
- The Passion of Andalucia. Director: Brandon Li (2019)
- Dr. Lama Farran and her students present:
- History of the Lebanese Dabke;
- Caracalla Dance Theatre dancers in Beirut performing "One Thousand and One Nights"
- Caracalla Dance Theatre- Dancing During Quarantine 2020
- Dabke Choreography by UWG Students.
- UWG International Festival Folklore Panel 3:30pm EST (Zoom Link)
- French Film: Varda par Agnès (Varda by Agnès). Presented by UWG's International Languages and Cultures. On Demand March 3rd - 10th.
- French Film: Ne Croyez Surtout Pas que Je Hurle (Don't Just Think I'll Scream). On Demand February 27th - March 5th.