There are numerous benefits to registering your organization. Some of the benefits of being a Registered Student Organization are the ability to:
- Reserve the use of University facilities
- Sponsor or present a public performance on University property when a University facility has been properly reserved and University regulations and administrative rules are followed
- Raise funds or make other permissible solicitations on University property in accordance with University regulations and administrative rules
- Post signs and distribute literature in accordance with University regulations
- Use campus mail services
To become a Registered Student Organization at UWG, you need:
- An organization email address - Can be the president's email or a new email created for the organization. Must be the best way to contact someone about your organization
- A University advisor - Must be full-time, paid monthly, faculty or professional staff. Need help finding one? CSI can help! Fill out this Advisor Request Form.
- A constitution - An organization's governing document. Need help creating a constitution? Click here for our constitution guide!
- At least 5 student members
- A member roster - a list of all members and their UWG email addresses (preferably in an Excel spreadsheet)
Once you have everything you need, you are ready to register:
- Read this step-by-step guide for more details about how to register.
- President must attend a Student Organization President's Meeting. Email Laura Petrus to schedule a President's Meeting.
Additionally, all Student Organization officers and members are expected to be familiar with all the information found in the Registered Student Organization Handbook.
Student Organizations will not be completely registered until all of the above requirements are met. Organizations will receive notification upon completion of the registration process.
Student Organizations can register at any time during the year and should contact the CSI office for information about upcoming President's meetings. Organizations must re-register with the Center for Student Involvement each year in the fall semester.
Please contact Laura Petrus in the Center for Student Involvement with any questions.