Campus Center Facilities and Memberships Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Campus Center hours of operation?
Spring 2015 Hours
Monday Thursday: 6:00am-11:30pm
*Please check the website daily as hours are subject to change.
Who has access to the Campus Center?
All currently enrolled students and benefited UWG Faculty and Staff may access the Campus Center with a valid UWG ID
Adult family members and dependents ages 18 and older may purchase memberships to the Campus Center.
Memberships are available for purchase for part-time university employees, university affiliates, and university retirees
Can I bring a guest with me to the Campus Center?
ONLY UWG full-time Faculty and Staff employees are allowed to purchase Guest Passes. They may bring in up to two (2) guests for the day.
Non-members without any affiliation to the University of West Georgia cannot sign themselves in for a daily pass. Guest(s) 18 years of age & over must present a valid government-issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license/state ID) to enter the facility. Student IDs, etc. are not accepted as a form of identification. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- The guest’s sponsor accepts full responsibility and consequences for all actions and behaviors of his/her guest(s)
- Sponsors are responsible for the conduct of their guest(s) and must remain in the facility with their guest(s) at all times
- Guest Passes can only be purchased with cash or check at the time of purchase
- Guest Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable
- Guest(s) are allowed to use the guest pass throughout the day, however their original sponsor must be present at all times
- Solicitation from uninvited guest(s) is prohibited
- Failure to follow all guest pass polices could result in termination of the sponsors membership privileges
- Continued violation of the guest pass policy will result in further disciplinary/legal action
What if I have already purchased a Campus Center membership?
- Payroll deductions for Campus Center memberships will be suspended effective July 31, 2014.
- Faculty and Staff who purchased Campus Center memberships in cash or check will receive a refund of their payment retroactive to August 1, 2014.
What does my Faculty/Staff membership to the Campus Center provide?
The Campus Center membership allows access to both of the following access tiers.
Membership only Spaces and Programs
- 13,000 sq. ft Fitness Center with over 200 pieces of equipment including: Cardio Machines, Free Weights, Selectorized Weight Lifting Equipment
- 100+ Group Fitness class options per week
- Indoor climbing gym with a 50 ft indoor climbing and bouldering wall
- Outdoor Recreation Center that provides outdoor equipment rentals (some fee based) and information on outdoor adventure trips ? Elevated indoor track overlooking Fitness Center and basketball courts
- Faculty / Staff locker rooms with rentable extended use lockers
- Day-Use Lockers
- Four Basketball Courts
- Game room with pool tables, shuffleboard, air hockey, gaming systems, game rentals, and TVs
- Ballrooms: 108.1, 108.2, 108.3, & 108.4
- Meeting rooms: 104, 105, 302, & 303
- Center for Student Involvement Office Suite
What are ideal times to avoid crowds in the Campus Center?
- Peak usage times in the Campus Center are around 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- The best times to avoid crowds are in the early morning and later in the evening.
Where can I find more information on Campus Center and University Recreation Facilities?
How do I request a Campus Center tour?
- Come to the main University Recreation office in Campus Center room 202 to schedule a tour of the Campus Center and an orientation to our services and programs.
- Orientation/ Welcome packets are available for faculty and staff who participate in a Campus Center tour.
Why do full-time Faculty/ Staff receive free access?
- Opportunity to improve employee satisfaction and engagement
- Opportunity for interaction among students, faculty, and staff outside of the classroom
- To create a healthier and happier University of West Georgia
What programs does University Recreation offer?
- Outdoor Recreation Adventure Trips, Equipment Rentals, and on campus Outdoor Skills Clinics
- Climbing Wall Intro to Climbing, Belay Training, and Lead Climbing classes
- Competitive Sports Intramural Sports and Club Sports
- Fitness Group Exercise Classes, Personal Trainers, and Fitness Assessment programs
Where can I go if I want to consult with someone about a fitness plan?
- Come to the main University Recreation office (Campus Center, room 202) to complete a medical information form and schedule a time to begin meeting with a personal trainer.
- University Recreation also offers Fitness Assessments free of charge to members. Visit our website or stop by the Fitness Assessment office for more information
Overview of University Recreation and Campus Center Policies
- The Campus Center is a student operated facility. Programming and operations are centered around student needs and preferences. Group Fitness Classes, Outdoor Recreation Trips, the Climbing
- Wall, and the Fitness Facility are all staffed by University Recreation student employees.
- In order to provide a quality and safe experience for all patrons of the Campus Center, maximum capacity limits have been determined for all areas of the Campus Center. Once this maximum capacity has been reached in an area, no additional patrons may enter the area at that time.
- The Campus Center will be closed bi-annually for building-wide extended cleaning. Members will not be refunded or compensated during this time.
- Assisting in unauthorized access to the Campus Center will result in immediate suspension of Campus Center access.