Phase II (Expand On-Campus Services) - Begins July 6
Phase II will continue to bring back additional employees to increase unit capacity and functionality as needed.
Each department will refine workspace habits based on social distancing and hygiene due to the addition of on-site personnel.
Supervisors will continue with flexible remote work options for vulnerable populations.
Target date will be determined by guidance from the USG.
Vice Presidents for each division will develop a plan for additional departments and employees included in Phase II. Leaders in each area will work closely with divisional leadership on their unit’s plan with the health of employees and the community as a guiding priority. Prior to the implementation of Phase II, the defined employee communication plan will be executed to notify impacted employees of their return to work on campus.
All other administrative and academic units should continue remote work, but supervisors may submit a Return to Work Exception Form (link forthcoming) for select employees to return to campus if the services they provide are deemed essential by the divisional vice president. Reviews of exception requests will take approximately three (3) business days. Supervisors are asked to consider the Phase II strategies and tactics before requesting an exception.
In addition to Phase I employees previously identified, Phase II employees identified will return to campus to prepare the campus for Phase III employees and operations. Student employees may be included in the return to work plans for the division based on need and voluntary acceptance of the student employee to return to work on campus. Student employees cannot be required to return to work during this phase. Other individuals whose roles do not support remote work opportunities and whose roles are critical for the opening of campus are eligible for return. Supervisors should submit a Return to Work Exception Form (link forthcoming).
All other employee roles or employees who are members of vulnerable populations shall continue to work remotely.
Scheduling and Workplace
- Remote Work - remote work should continue for all employees except those who meet the criteria for this phase
- Scheduling - supervisors to adjust work schedules for on-site employees per the options identify for scheduling in Appendix that ensures job roles are completed and social distancing requirements are met
- Workspaces - adjust workspace layout to accommodate social distancing or natural separation as needed
- Adjust existing face-to-face transactional procedures to allow for social distancing or appropriate safeguards to protect employee and customer during transaction
- Adjust from paper documents to electronic documents where possible
- Conduct meetings using virtual meeting resources
- Office and Service Space Access (See Appendix for Definitions)
- Customer Service/Transaction Spaces - Open with appropriate safety and physical controls in place.
- Meeting/Conference spaces - Permitted for use as scheduled by ReserveWest and approved by an authorized divisional leader. Occupancy will be limited to 10 persons per 600 square feet of meeting space while observing social distancing and hygiene guidelines. In no event shall occupancy exceed 50% of the seat capacity in any meeting or conference room. Follow personal cleaning requirements for designated space.
- Office Service Spaces - Limited to one person per 60 square feet per room while observing social distancing and hygiene guidelines. Follow personal cleaning requirements for designated space.
- Office Secondary Spaces - Limited to authorized personnel, following cleaning requirements for designated space.
- Building Service Spaces - Limited to authorized personnel, following personal cleaning requirements for designated space.
- All meetings should be conducted using virtual meeting software
- When face-to-face meetings are required, social distancing measures are to be used
- Travel - All non-essential travel not allowed. Essential travel requires divisional approval by submitting the Essential Travel Authorization Form (link forthcoming). Employees returning from authorized travel will have to follow the Return to Work process defined for employees.