The University of West Georgia places a priority on our donors and the recognition they deserve.
Your gift helps keep the University moving forward by supporting the essentials of quality higher education – scholarships, innovative teaching and research, student activities, and modern facilities. The return on your investment in UWG is clear – you are helping educate the world’s future leaders, as well as making a lasting impact on the University.
Thank you again for your dedication and role in helping the University to become the best place to work, learn, and succeed!
Donor Bill of Rights and Recognition Societies
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights.
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gift will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by the law.
- To expect that all relationships with the individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
Thirteen Oaks Society
The Thirteen Oaks Society commemorates the planting of the great oaks on front campus drive. Membership in the Thirteen Oaks Society is extended to UWG's alumni and friends whose annual gifts up to $999 serve as the foundation for UWG's growth. Contributions are calculated on a fiscal year, July 1 - June 30.
Gifts of $50-$999
The President's Circle is named in honor of all UWG president's, past and present, who have helped create and preserve the university's legacy. Membership in the President's Circle is extended to alumni and friends who make annual gifts of $1,000 or more through the annual giving campaign. Support at this level improves the quality and innovation of programs for students, teaching, and research. Contributions are calculated on a fiscal year, July 1 - June 30.
Gifts of $1,000 or more
The 1906 Society commemorates the founding year of West Georgia College, while recognizing alumni and friends who sustain and advance the university with a lifetime of giving. Membership is extended to donors who have cumulative giving of $50,000 or more. Contributions are calculated on a fiscal year, July 1 – June 30.
Founders Level: $50,000 and above
Cornerstone Level: $1,000,000 and above
The McIntosh Circle honors in perpetuity those who make a commitment to provide support through their estates, by means of wills, bequests, insurance policies, gifts of property, appreciated assets, or charitable trusts. Contributions are calculated on a fiscal year, July 1 – June 30.
Red & Blue Society
Loyal donors are the cornerstone of UWG's success, providing the means by which the university can carry out its mission. In recognition of this valuable commitment, the Red & Blue Society extends membership to donors who have made a consecutive gift of 5 years or more to UWG. Contributions are calculated on a fiscal year, July 1 - June 30. Donor years recognized: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years
Missed a year?
Donors of the Red & Blue Society can "buy back" years with an additional gift of $50 for each year missed!