The Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge is a fully integrated, all-digital, audio conference bridge that allows between four (4) to twelve (12) people in different locations to communicate with each other. The unit is housed at our campus telephone switch and is designed to provide quick access to an in-house conference bridge, eliminating the need to contact conference service bureaus.
To use the Conference Bridge, the participants dial a pre-assigned phone number, enter an optional password, and are prompted to "speak their name". A conference can begin five minutes before the specified time and an individual may leave a conference in progress at any time
Prior to the end of your conference, an announcement alerting the participants that the "Conference will terminate in 10 minutes" will be issued.
The Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge Features:
- Meet-me style conferencing (conferees join the conference at a pre-arranged time)
- Password protection
- Entry/Exit voice announcements
- Chairperson command
- Dial-Out capability by chairperson (local calls only)
- Lock/Unlock conference
- Forced conferee disconnect
- Up to three 4-user simultaneous conference calls
You may request the use of the Meridian Integrated Conference Bridge by sending an email to email@example.com or calling the UWG ITS Helpdesk with the date, time, duration, number of participants, designated chairperson's email address, and brief name/purpose for your conference. An email will be sent to you confirming your conference request along with the conference numbers and password if requested.
The conference bridge has the ability to allow individuals who work/live at disparate locations to call in to a common phone number at an pre-arranged date/time to confer on an appropriate topic. Conference bridge participants can be anyone, but the chairperson for the conference is recommended to be a faculty or staff member of the University of West Georgia. UWG can only provide a metro Atlanta local phone number for dialing in to so callers to the bridge will be responsible for any long distance phone charges incurred.
There is no cost for authorized UWG constituents to use the Conference Bridge, but it is scheduled on a first come/ first serve availability basis.
- At least one conference bridge participant must be a faculty or staff member of UWG
- 30 minutes minimum - 12 hour maximum (reserved in 15 minute increments)
- 4 participants minimum - 12 participants maximum
- If you have questions or would like to discuss this service, please call ITS Telecommunications at 678-839-6587