The University of West Georgia, in coordination with Microsoft, is now offering Office 365 to all Faculty, Staff, and currently enrolled full-time students. This includes Microsoft Office Pro Plus (the very latest version of the Microsoft Office suite as soon as they are released) for up to 5 personal Windows or Mac computers as well as the Microsoft Office Mobile Suite for up to 5 personal mobile devices running iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and more! In addition to Microsoft Office products, users also have access to Office Online Web Apps and UNLIMITED online storage via Microsoft's OneDrive.
To log into your Office 365 account and download your copy of Microsoft Office Pro Plus:
- Follow this link to portal.office.com
- Sign in with your UWG email address and password
The first page you see should be the desktop software page where you can download the latest version of Microsoft Office for Windows or MacOS, as well as manage all of your currently licensed computers.
To get to the Office Mobile Apps from this page:
- Click the link on the left of the page labeled "Phone and Tablet" Choose your device (e.g. Windows Phone, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Click "Get Apps" and follow the instructions on the resulting web page
- To access OneDrive and the Office Online Web Apps: Navigate back to your portal.office.com landing page
- Click the "Office 365" label at the top left of the web page
- For any issues regarding the Office 365 portal page or downloads, please contact our Office 365 support team at email@example.com or read our FAQs below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Office 365 vs. Office 2013 | What's the difference?
Microsoft Office 2013 is a software suite that you can install on a computer running Windows 7 or higher. It includes Word 2013, Excel 2013, Powerpoint 2013, and a lot more!
Office 365 is a subscription service that gives users access to unlimited online storage via OneDrive, online access to virtual Office apps (Word, Excel Powerpoint, OneNote) from any device with a browser and an internet connection, and instant access to download and activate the very latest version of Microsoft Office to any compatible Mac, Windows PC, or mobile device. At the moment, this includes Office 2013 for Windows 7 or higher, Office 2011 for Mac OSX, and Office Mobile for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
How can I activate Office 365 Pro Plus?
There are no product keys or activation codes for Office 365 products. Simply sign into the website and the products with your UWG email address and password and the products will automatically activate.