During the week of Dec. 14-18, 2020, the University of West Georgia took over "The Academic Minute," a collaborative program from WAMC public radio in Albany, New York, and the Association of American Colleges and Universities. "The Academic Minute" is a daily module featuring researchers from colleges and universities around the world, keeping listeners abreast of what’s new and exciting in the academy.
Five faculty members from UWG presented their research on the program last week. To read more about their stories – and to listen to their segments – click the links below.
• Dr. Janet Donohoe – The Dynamism of Monuments
• Dr. Kelly Dyar – Veterans' Transition to College
• Dr. Nisha Gupta – Empowerment from Sexual Oppression
• Dr. Christopher Jett – Racial Stereotypes in STEM Careers
• Dr. Dena Kniess – Second-Year College Experiences for African American Students
Photography by Julia Mothersole