Winter West Wonderland Returns to UWGShare this page
Get ready to immerse yourself in a winter wonderland at the University of West Georgia this holiday season with the second annual Winter West Wonderland, which will run from Tuesday, Nov. 28, through Friday, Dec. 1, from 4-8 p.m. each night.
The entire community is invited to experience the magic of the winter season with a variety of exciting activities, including a dazzling light display of student-crafted sculptures, a holiday village with vendor markets and activities for kids, and the opportunity to meet and take photos with Santa Claus and Winter Wolfie, with select experiences available at an additional cost.
“Winter West Wonderland is a testament to the creativity and dedication of our students, the warmth of our community and the joy that connecting with our fellow Wolves brings,” said Lindsey Robinson Buffington, UWG’s director of institutional projects and strategic initiatives. “We cannot wait to share this experience with everyone! It embodies the spirit of belonging, and we are excited to make cherished memories with families from across the West Georgia region and beyond.”
Here is a glimpse of what you can expect this year at Winter West Wonderland:
- Light sculptures designed and crafted by UWG art and computer science students
- Performances of holiday music by UWG's talented students
- Performances of holiday-themed shows – “Ballet Magnificat” and “Jen Kramer's Magical Holiday Show” – at the Townsend Center for the Performing Arts (Tuesday and Thursday only; additional cost; tickets available at townsendcenter.org)
- Visits and photos with Santa Claus and Winter Wolfie, hosted by UWG Alumni and Constituent Engagement (additional cost; tickets available now)
- Cookie-decorating and cookie kits (additional costs)
- Do-it-yourself holiday crafts (additional cost)
- Holiday village with more than a dozen vendors selling arts, crafts and other products
- A donation point for Toys for Tots (in partnership with Southwire) and nonperishable food and hygiene items to UWG’s Center for Integrative Wellness to support students on campus
- Food available nightly (additional cost)
- Holiday movie screenings in Love Valley
- Learning, laughter and fun interactive demonstrations of winter-themed activities with Continue West and WGYSTC
- UWG Rock Wall experience in the Campus Center (additional cost)
- And more family-friendly activities!
Join Winter West Wonderland from Tuesday, Nov. 28, through Friday, Dec. 1, between 4-8 p.m. Parking is available at the Campus Center (302 West Georgia Drive) and the UWG Bookstore (301 West Georgia Drive).
Gather your friends and family and make your way to UWG so you don’t miss this holiday extravaganza!