Jennifer HorneLimited-Term Lecturer
Jenni Horne was raised in Birmingham, Alabama, where music was the main creative outlet encouraged, learning to play the piano at a very young age, and singing in choirs at both school and church. She loves her southern roots and knows they have grounded and kept her heart focused on building relationships with people over the years. These roots have also helped shape her artwork into what it is today. Jenni can often be found in her home studio working on multiple pieces at the same time. Her process leads her to create paintings in a series, each series focusing on different subjects. Her work is full of color and thoughtful marks, from landscapes to portraits. She also creates beautiful one-of-a-kind pieces of jewelry.
Jenni attended Auburn University, receiving a BFA in printmaking in 1994, followed by an Art Education add-on to her BFA at The University of West Georgia in 1996. Since graduating she's taught at each level of public school art education and at one time owned her own art studio. She has taught painting workshops across the United States. She currently offers 3 online painting courses with students as far as Iceland enrolled in the course. She received her Master of Art and Design from Kennesaw State University in 2022.
As an artist, her work can be found in galleries across the southeast or through her personal website.
- B.F.A., Bachelor of Fine Art, Auburn University, 1994
- M.A., Master of Art and Design, Kennesaw State University, 2022
Fall 2023 Sections
- ART-3602 (Painting II) Section: 01 external Syllabus via Concourse External Resource
- ART-4603 (Painting III) Section: 01 external Syllabus via Concourse External Resource
- ART-4605 (Advanced Painting) Section: 01 external Syllabus via Concourse External Resource
- ART-4605 (Advanced Painting) Section: 02 external Syllabus via Concourse External Resource