We are a group of student, faculty and staff volunteers working to increase mental health awareness and promote suicide prevention through education at the University of West Georgia.
If you take a look around, you will find information demonstrating how to support students in distress in your role as a parent, UWG faculty or staff member, or friend. Students will find information and activities that will assist them in taking a balanced approach to University life.
Important Contact Information
- University Police: (678) 839-6000 | 96000 When on Campus
- Counseling Center: (678) 839-6428
- Health Services: (678) 839-6452
- Patient/Victim Advocates: (678) 839-0641 | (678) 839-5338 | (678) 839-6000 After Hours
- Free Sexual Assault Exams: (678) 839-6452 | (678) 839-6000 or 770-834-7273 After Hours
- Georgia Crisis and Access Line: 1 (800) 715-4225
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1 (800) 273-TALK
- Willowbrooke@Tanner 24 Hour Help Line: (770) 836-9551
Interested in Joining the Prevention Team?
For students, you will gain volunteer experience working in a mental health program, acquire leadership skills co-facilitating mental health education programs and Gatekeeper trainings, work with professional staff to brainstorm and carry out campus outreach initiatives.
For staff and faculty, you will promote a healthy campus environment by collaborating with PREVENT@UWG as a Prevention Team Liaison on the important topic of mental health awareness. You will represent your university department in facilitating the PREVENT@UWG program by serving as a direct point of communication between PREVENT@UWG staff and your department.
Who is Eligible to Join?
Any student currently enrolled at UWG from all majors and disciplines may be considered. Faculty or staff from any department will also be considered.
How Do I Join?
Currently, the Prevention Team is accepting applications for new members. If you are a student, complete the Prevent@UWG Team Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a faculty or staff member, contact email@example.com to express your interest.