Stand up, step in, and speak out. Protect our Pack. It's on us. Be a man of courage.
Stand up, step in, and speak out. Protect our Pack. It's on us. Be an empowered woman.
Sexual assault is about as serious as it gets. The implications and scars last a lifetime. By looking out for your fellow Wolves, you can help protect them.
Consider these facts…
- 1 in 5 women and 1 in 16 men are sexually assaulted in college.
- 40 percent of survivors fear reprisal by their attackers.
- Only 2 percent of incapacitated rape survivors report assault.
- Only 13 percent of rape survivors report assault.
- Eight in 10 survivors knew their attackers, who were a significant other, friend of other acquaintance.
The only person responsible for committing sexual assault is a perpetrator, but we all can look out for others. Whether it’s giving someone a safe ride home from a party or directly confronting a person who is threatening another, you can help prevent sexual violence. Through the Protect Our Pack program, the University of West Georgia is committed to empowering students in helping keep each other safe. Prevention is the best way to make that happen.
Staying safe starts with being informed – of the warning signs and of your rights. Educate yourself. Protect yourself. Protect our pack.