As a service to persons who are taking independent study courses and/or distance education courses through other institutions or entities, the Testing Office does provide proctoring services when those programs require the administration of exams in a supervised setting.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Arrangements must be made in advance, preferably 2 – 3 weeks. This enables the institution/program sending the test and any additional materials ample time to get them to the Testing Office.
- Independent/proctored exams are usually administered at 8:30 am or 1:30 pm on a weekday mutually convenient to both the examinee and the UWG Testing Office. Under certain circumstances, the time frame may be changed.
- The fee for proctoring an independent study exam is $15, payable by check or cash when the examinee arrives to take the test.
- Appointments are made by calling the Testing Office (678-839-6435). At the time the appointment is made, the following information must be provided: name of examinee, name of course, format of test (paper/pencil or computer-based), first choice of testing date and time, and the name of the institution or program sending the exam.
- When the examinee arrives at the Testing Office, 110 Strozier Hall, for the testing appointment, photo identification must be presented. This photo ID may be a driver’s license, an employee work badge, or the student ID from the examinee’s home institution.
Parking Information: You are to report to Strozier Hall, Room 110, to check in for your exam. If you are unfamiliar with the campus, you may view the campus map here. Parking is in the lot in front of Tyus Hall; it is the lot which contains the ATM.