As a service to persons who are taking independent study courses and/or distance education courses through other institutions or entities, the Testing Office does provide proctoring services when those programs require the administration of exams in a supervised setting.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Arrangements must be made in advance, preferably 2 – 3 weeks. This enables the institution/program sending the test and any additional materials ample time to get them to the Testing Office.
- Independent/proctored exams are administered at various time on a weekday, mutually convenient to both the examinee and the UWG Academic Testing Office. Under certain circumstances, the time frame may be changed.
- The fee for proctoring an independent study exam is $15, payable by check or cash when the examinee arrives to take the test.
- Appointments are made by contacting the Testing Office by phone: 678-839-6435 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. At the time the appointment is made, the following information must be provided: name of examinee, name of course, format of test (paper/pencil or computer-based), first choice of testing date and time, and the name of the institution or program sending the exam. Academic Testing Services strictly enforces a 48-hour in advance policy to schedule testing appointments with us. This policy means that you will need to schedule at least 48 hours prior to your exam time (excluding weekends). We strongly encourage that you contact us to schedule all of your testing appointments prior to the deadline date for your exam, based on the recurring times of testing sessions.
- When the examinee arrives at the Testing Office in Strozier Hall for the testing appointment, photo identification must be presented. This photo ID may be a driver’s license, an employee work badge, or the student ID from the examinee’s home institution.
In accordance with the CDC and USG guidelines for COVID19, the instructions below should be followed when arriving at the Testing Center in Strozier Hall:
1. Prior to entering the Testing Center, examinees are required to wear a mask or facial covering. This is a University System
of Georgia requirement (https://www.usg.edu/ coronavirus/). Any surgical or cloth
face mask, including a homemade face mask, is acceptable as long as your mouth and
nose are fully covered. If you do not have a mask upon arrival, one will be provided
2. When entering Strozier Hall, if others are present in the lobby or main office, stay a minimum of 6 feet away from other people in the waiting area. Signage will be available to direct you to an available seat. The Testing Center Staff will greet you in the lobby at the time of your testing appointment.
3. If you need assistance, please wait in the lobby if someone is already being helped in the front office until they exit.
4. Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the lobby, locker room and testing rooms. Please be sure to sanitize your hands upon entrance and exit of the Testing Center and any other entry points.
5. Testing check-in will be done individually and the Testing Center staff will provide you with further instructions at the time of your appointment to ensure a safe testing experience for everyone.
6. Before arriving on campus the day of your appointment, please log in and complete the screening questions if you are a UWG student or employee: https://apps.westga.edu/tracks/login.php?option. If you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID19, please call the Testing Center to reschedule your test.
*If you have any concerns about testing in a face to face environment, please contact our testing office at 678-839-6435 or email@example.com.
Parking information: Parking for tests administered in the UWG Testing Office is the Tyus Hall Lot; note the ATM at the edge of the lot and UWG Student Health Services Building. See UWG Campus Map for details, and locate Strozier Hall for the Academic Testing Center location. Please do not forget the steps referenced above including photo ID that is required for testing.
If you have any questions regarding exam registration or payment, please reach out to our Testing Office at 678-839-6435 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.