How do I check my application status or see what items are missing from my application?

To see which items are missing from your application, to check when your documents have been received, or to view your admission decision, Our office recommends that you check your application status at least 1-2 times a week after submitting your application.

When will I receive my admission decision?

Once we receive all required documents for your application, your admission decision will be available 5-10 business days later at

How will I be notified about my admission decision?

You will receive a letter in the mail with your admission decision, or you can find your decision at

I've been accepted! What do I do next?

We are so excited to welcome you to the Pack!

First, please visit OneLogin, click 'Forgot Password,' and follow the prompts to reset your password for your new student account.

Once your password is reset, log back in to yourUWG OneLogin Portal to access your Go West Checklist. This checklist will guide you through all the steps you need to complete to start your semester at UWG! 

Note: Since classes and on-campus housing are first come first serve, we recommend registering for orientation and completing a housing contract as soon as possible.

Can I appeal my admission decision?

Yes. The admissions appeal policy at the University of West Georgia is designed to admit those students who have a reasonable chance of success and who seemingly will profit from the educational program of the university. A student is considered for admission without regard to race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.

Admission requirements are those stated in the most current issue of the University of West Georgia Undergraduate Catalog. Whenever an applicant for admission or readmission to the undergraduate school is denied admission or feels his/her application has not been given due consideration, such applicant shall have the right to appeal. Click here for detailed information on the appeal procedure. Admissions Appeal Form. Admissions Appeal Form

How do I sign up for a campus tour? 

To schedule a visit to UWG, go to and sign up for a daily campus tour, Preview Day, or another upcoming special event.

I am bringing a large group to campus. How do I sign up for a group tour? 

Please contact Dillon Montes De Oca at to arrange a group tour of our campus.

What should I do if I signed up for a tour, but I can no longer come?

You are not required to formally cancel your tour registration if you're unable to come, but we recommend you contact us so we can help you schedule another tour. 

How do I send official transcripts, and how long does it take for UWG to receive them

All high school and college transcripts must be official in order for you to receive an admission decision. You may mail your transcripts or drop them off in person, as long as they remain in the original, sealed envelope from the school. You may also send official transcripts through an electronic transcript service, such as Parchment, e-Scrip Safe, or Please do not fax transcripts or email them as PDF attachments. Please mail official transcripts in the original, sealed envelope from the school to the following address: Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 1601 Maple Street, Carrollton, GA 30118. It can take 1-2 weeks for our office to receive your transcripts, scores, and other documents; therefore, we recommend you send all required documents at least one month before our deadline.

How do I send SAT or ACT test scores, and how long does it take for UWG to receive them?

SAT or ACT scores must be sent electronically through the College Board or ACT website(s). We also accept SAT or ACT scores that are printed on your official high school transcripts along with the test date. All SAT or ACT subjects must have the same test date. Please do not email PDF attachments or screenshots of score reports. It can take 1-2 weeks for our office to receive your transcripts, scores, and other documents; therefore, we recommend you send all required documents at least one month before our deadline.

Which documents can I email or fax?

The following items may be faxed, emailed, mailed, delivered in person, or uploaded to your application online: MOWR participation agreements, letters of transient permission, lawful presence verification, social security cards, permanent resident cards, judicial questionnaires, update forms, transfer conditional acceptance contracts, and West in Thirty agreements.

Can I drop off my official documents at UWG Newnan instead of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in Carrollton?

Absolutely! Keep in mind that items submitted at UWG Newnan take a few extra business days to be processed. The address for UWG Newnan is 80 Jackson Street, Newnan, GA 30263, and their phone number is 770-257-7280.

How do I pay my application fee?

If you didn't pay your application fee through your Begin West account or GAFutures, please visit to submit your $40 application fee. A receipt will be emailed to you and our office once you've paid, and we'll update your application within a few business days to reflect your payment.

I am classified as out-of-state, but I believe I qualify for in-state tuition. What should I do?

Please contact Katie Ross at

How do I change my entry term or other information on my application?

To update your application, please complete the form at Keep in mind that your first application update is free, but any subsequent update costs $40. Please note: You cannot change your term through your Begin West account.

How do I change my major?

Prior to enrollment, students can change their major during their scheduled orientation session. After attending orientation, students must notify the department of their new major and complete a Declaration of Major form. Depending on your major, you may need to return this completed form to Enrollment Services.

What is judicial review, and why do I need to complete a judicial questionnaire?

Students who answer "yes" to disciplinary history questions are reviewed by the Office of Community Standards. If more information is needed, the Assistant Dean of Students will request a judicial questionnaire form. Please allow 1 - 2 weeks for the review of your questionnaire.

I lost my acceptance letter. Can I get another one mailed to me?

Absolutely! Just email with your contact information, and we’ll send you another acceptance letter within 5-7 business days.

What is an academic credential evaluation?

Students who have attended an institution outside of the United States may be asked to submit an academic credential evaluation, which will translate the coursework abroad to the U.S. equivalent. We accept academic credential evaluations from any company affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services ( We highly recommend World Education Services and Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.

What should I do if I'm no longer interested in UWG?

You can visit to formally cancel your application and stop communication. If you change your mind after cancelling your application, simply email us at so we can assist you.

How do I find out more information about orientation?

Orientation is mandatory for all incoming degree-seeking students. For more information, visit, or contact Orientation at or 678-839-4739.

How do I find out more information about housing?

All incoming freshmen and freshmen-transfers are required to live on campus, unless they are eligible for a residency waiver. For more information, visit, or contact Housing and Residence Life at or 678-839-6426.

How do I find out more information about financial aid?

For more information about financial aid, visit, or contact the Office of Financial Aid at or 678-839-6421.