Admissions Process and Requirements
Conditional transfer students can be conditionally admitted to UWG and are able to register for Housing and Orientation. If you are in progress to thirty transferable credit hours, apply and officially submit your in progress transcript. No need to wait until the end of the semester.
A transfer applicant must submit the following items before an admissions decision can be made:
- Application for Undergraduate Admissions
- $40 non-refundable application fee (If mailing a paper application, please do not mail cash payment.) If you qualify use the NACAC Transfer fee waiver and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See if you qualify and get more information here.
- Official transcript(s) from each college previously attended (if applicable)
- Official, preliminary transcript from the college that you are currently attending with your classes currently in progress
University of West Georgia Application for Admission, accompanied by $40 non-refundable application fee.
If mailing a paper application, please do not mail cash payment.
A transfer applicant must meet the following admission criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.00 on all attempted transferrable coursework
- Be in-progress toward completion of 30 transferrable earned hours
Send Documents The Right Way
All college transcripts must be official in order for you to receive an admission decision. You may mail your transcripts or drop them off in person, as long as they remain in the original, sealed envelope from the school. You may also send official transcripts through an electronic transcript service, such as Parchment, eScrip-Safe, or National Clearinghouse. Please do not fax or email transcripts.
The following items may be faxed, emailed, mailed, delivered in person, or uploaded to your application online: West in Thirty participation agreements, transfer conditional acceptance contracts, social security cards, permanent resident cards, lawful presence verification (excluding birth certificates), judicial questionnaires, and application update forms.
Check Your Application Status
To review your required missing documents & supplemental items, check when your documents have been received, or view your admission decision, login to your Begin West account.