Online registration dates & times for ACCUPLACER are open ONLY to University of West Georgia applicants who have been informed by the UWG Admissions office that ACCUPLACER testing is required. Not everyone is required to take this test. NOTE: Your UWG student ID # is required as part of the test registration; do NOT use your social security #.
Appointments for ACCUPLACER remotes or special administrations (ex. POST Accuplacer for job requirement) must be scheduled by emailing Academic Testing Services at email@example.com. Remote exams are defined as face-to-face testing at our testing center from another institution outside of UWG.
Online registration is required for initial placement testing for UWG applicants.
The ACCUPLACER package consists of Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics, Reading, and WritePlacer. The Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics sections are not timed and consist of 20 multiple choice questions. The Reading section is also not timed and consists of 20 multiple choice questions. The WritePlacer section consists of a 60 minute 300 - 600 word, timed essay in which a prompt is provided. The minimum score requirements are as follows: Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics -- 258 or higher, Reading -- 237 or higher, and WritePlacer -- 4 or higher.
Which part(s) of the package you take is a decision made by the Admissions Office based on a review of your application. The Admissions Office will tell you what part(s) you need to take.
The ACCUPLACER test is taken on computer. Please be sure to bring a valid, government-issued photo ID.
When you register for the exam, you are reserving a seat for the test. You do not indicate what parts of the test you are taking. We will verify that information with the Admissions Office prior to the testing date so that you take only the part(s) you need.
ACCUPLACER APP is a free web-based study app. It is to your benefit to review/study for the test so that you know what to expect and can, therefore, do your best. Students have provided great feedback to us after studying for the placements exam before testing.
Students taking the Accuplacer exam for admissions into the University of West Georgia will take all or one of the following sections of the exam. The link provided is for practice guides to view prior to the test:
Please contact us with any questions regarding the test sections you are planning to test.
Spring 2021 Exam Dates
- Monday, February 15th and Thursday, February 18th
- Monday, March 22nd and Thursday, March 25th
- Monday, April 19th and Thursday, April 22nd
(All testing sessions are scheduled at 9:00am OR 2:00pm)
Parking information: Parking for tests administered in the UWG Testing Office is the Tyus Hall Lot; note the ATM at the edge of the lot and UWG Student Health Services Building. See UWG Campus Map for details, and locate Strozier Hall for the Academic Testing Center location. Please do not forget a valid, government-issued photo ID is required for testing.
To obtain a copy of your scores for another institution/agency, please complete the Accuplacer Test Score Release Form. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our Testing Office at 678-839-6435 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Guidelines for Testing
In accordance with the CDC and USG guidelines for COVID19, the instructions below should be followed when arriving at the Testing Center in Strozier Hall:
- Prior to entering the Testing Center, examinees are required to wear a mask or facial covering. This is a University System of Georgia requirement (https://www.usg.edu/ coronavirus/). Any surgical or cloth face mask, including a homemade face mask, is acceptable as long as your mouth and nose are fully covered. If you do not have a mask upon arrival, one will be provided for you. Anyone not using a face covering will be asked to wear one or leave the area.
- When entering Strozier Hall, if others are present in the lobby or main office, stay a minimum of 6 feet away from other people in the waiting area. Signage will be available to direct you to an available seat. The Testing Center Staff will greet you in the lobby at the time of your testing appointment.
- If you need assistance, please wait in the lobby if someone is already being helped in the front office until they exit.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the lobby, locker room and testing rooms. Please be sure to sanitize your hands upon entrance and exit of the Testing Center and any other entry points.
- Testing check-in will be done individually and the Testing Center staff will provide you with further instructions at the time of your appointment to ensure a safe testing experience for everyone.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID19, please call the Testing Center to reschedule your test.
*If you have any concerns about testing in a face to face environment, please contact our testing office at 678-839-6435 or email@example.com.