Upcoming testing dates:
(Testing sessions are 9:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021
NOTE: Although we would like to schedule examinees on the date and at the time of their choosing, there are many times when CLEP testing is not available because of other testing commitments (for example, during finals week, during orientation sessions, etc). Please accept the fact that we are not available to do CLEP testing on demand.
There are two fees associated with CLEP testing: the $89 registration fee paid by credit card to CLEP and the $15 service paid by credit card to UWG. Both of these fees are paid online.
To see the list of courses for which West Georgia will allow CLEP credit, click here. As has always been the case, an examinee has the option to take any test offered through CLEP, but not all CLEP tests are accepted by the University of West Georgia.
To register for CLEP, please follow these steps:
First, you must go to https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount. There you will actually register and pay for the CLEP test(s) you want to take. You will also identify the test center where you wish to take the exam(s). Once you have created your registration ticket, be sure to print it out. You must bring it to the testing center when it’s time for your test because your registration ticket contains an ID number which is required when you check in. If you are retesting an exam for the same subject, please note students must wait a minimum of 3 months and 1 day, before retaking a CLEP exam. Results will be voided if retest is before this time period expires.
As you complete your CLEP registration, be very sure to fill in the identifying information completely AND accurately. The name on your CLEP registration ticket MUST MATCH exactly the name on your non-expired government-issued photo identification (driver’s license, military ID, or passport). If the names do not match, you will not be allowed to test.
Once you have registered with CLEP “my account,” return to the UWG testing homepage and click on the link “Register here for a CLEP test” at the bottom of this page. Follow the instructions for completing your exam choice, test date and time, test-taker information, acknowledgements, and credit card information.
Once you have completed the process and registered for an exam, you will receive an email confirmation to the email address you provide as part of your test-taker information.
Arrive at the testing center 15 minutes early in order to check in with your CLEP registration ticket and your photo identification. Should you arrive without your ticket and/or not have the required identification and/or have a ticket which doesn’t contain matching information with the ID, you will not be eligible to test.
Your ID must be government-issued and contain a photo and a signature. Appropriate types are a current passport, current driver’s license, or current military ID. Home-schooled examinees and students without a form of ID identified above must contact the testing office regarding the use of a CLEP-approved notarized identification form. Credit/debit cards, social security cards, student ID’s, and employee ID’s are not acceptable forms of ID.
Do NOT bring anything to the testing center other than your registration ticket and your ID. Everything else, including any electronic or mobile devices, should be left in your car or some other secured location. The testing office is not responsible for your personal possessions.
Parking information: Parking for tests administered in the UWG Testing Office is the Tyus Hall Lot; note the ATM at the edge of the lot and UWG Student Health Services Building. See UWG Campus Map for details, and locate Strozier Hall for the Academic Testing Center location. Please do not forget the steps referenced above including photo ID that is required for testing.
If you have any questions regarding exam registration or payment, please reach out to our Testing Office at 678-839-6435 or email us at email@example.com.
COVID Guidelines for Testing
In accordance with the CDC and USG guidelines for COVID19, the instructions below should be followed when arriving at the Testing Center in Strozier Hall:
- Prior to entering the Testing Center, examinees are required to wear a mask or facial covering. This is a University System of Georgia requirement (https://www.usg.edu/ coronavirus/). Any surgical or cloth face mask, including a homemade face mask, is acceptable as long as your mouth and nose are fully covered. If you do not have a mask upon arrival, one will be provided for you. Anyone not using a face covering will be asked to wear one or leave the area.
- When entering Strozier Hall, if others are present in the lobby or main office, stay a minimum of 6 feet away from other people in the waiting area. Signage will be available to direct you to an available seat. The Testing Center Staff will greet you in the lobby at the time of your testing appointment.
- If you need assistance, please wait in the lobby if someone is already being helped in the front office until they exit.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the lobby, locker room and testing rooms. Please be sure to sanitize your hands upon entrance and exit of the Testing Center and any other entry points.
- Testing check-in will be done individually and the Testing Center staff will provide you with further instructions at the time of your appointment to ensure a safe testing experience for everyone.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID19, please call the Testing Center to reschedule your test.
*If you have any concerns about testing in a face to face environment, please contact our testing office at 678-839-6435 or firstname.lastname@example.org.