Although we would like to schedule examinees on the date and at the time of their choosing, there are many times when CLEP testing is not available because of other testing commitments (for example, during finals week, during orientation sessions, etc). Please accept the fact that we are not available to do CLEP testing on demand.
There are two fees associated with CLEP testing. Both fees are paid online.
- $89 registration fee paid by credit card to CLEP
- $20 service fee paid by credit card to UWG
Please review the CLEP Course Equivalency PDF document to see the list of courses for which the University of West Georgia will allow CLEP credit. As has always been the case, an examinee has the option to take any test offered through CLEP, but not all CLEP tests are accepted by UWG.
*All testing sessions begin at 9:00 am on Mondays
- January 9th
- February 6th
- March 13th
- April 10th
- May 15th
To register for a CLEP exam, click here to view the How to Register guide through CollegeBoard, or follow the directions below:
- First, you must go to the CLEP Exam Topics page, to choose an exam topic . There you will actually register and pay for the CLEP test(s) you want to take. You will also identify the test center where you wish to take the exam(s). Once you have created your registration ticket, be sure to print it out. You must bring it to the testing center when it’s time for your test because your registration ticket contains an ID number which is required when you check in.
- If you are re-testing an exam for the same subject, please note students must wait a minimum of 3 months and 1 day, before retaking a CLEP exam. Results will be voided if re-test is before this time period expires.
- As you complete your CLEP registration, be very sure to fill in the identifying information completely AND accurately. The name on your CLEP registration ticket MUST MATCH exactly the name on your non-expired government-issued photo identification (driver’s license, military ID, or passport). If the names do not match, you will not be allowed to test.
- Once you have registered with CLEP “my account,” return to the UWG testing homepage and click on the link “Register here for a CLEP test” at the bottom of this page. Follow the instructions for completing your exam choice, test date and time, test-taker information, acknowledgements, and credit card information.
- Once you have completed the process and registered for an exam, you will receive an email confirmation to the email address you provide as part of your test-taker information.
- Arrive at the testing center 15 minutes early in order to check in with your CLEP registration ticket and your photo identification. Should you arrive without your ticket and/or not have the required identification and/or have a ticket which doesn’t contain matching information with the ID, you will not be eligible to test.
- Your ID must be government-issued and contain a photo and a signature. Appropriate types are a current passport, current driver’s license, or current military ID. Home-schooled examinees and students without a form of ID identified above must contact the testing office regarding the use of a CLEP-approved notarized identification form. Credit/debit cards, social security cards, student ID’s, and employee ID’s are not acceptable forms of ID.
- Do NOT bring anything to the testing center other than your registration ticket and your ID. Everything else, including any electronic or mobile devices, should be left in your car or some other secured location. The testing office is not responsible for your personal possessions.
- Parking for tests administered in the UWG Testing Office located in Strozier Hall, your campus parking is available in the Tyus Hall Lot.
- Note: the ATM at the edge of the lot and UWG Student Health Services Building.
- For directions to the UWG Academic Testing Services Office, please see the UWG Campus Map for details and locate Strozier Hall.
- 108 Aycock Drive
Carrollton, GA 30118
- 108 Aycock Drive
For more detailed instructions, including the building location of your testing session, please see your registration confirmation receipt. When registration is complete, you will receive an email notification which serves as your receipt and contains additional information regarding what to bring with you on the test date, where to report, and where to park.
** Please be sure to bring a valid, government-issues photo ID. **
If you have any questions regarding exam registration or payment, please reach out to our Testing Office at 678-839-6435 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.