The eCore program allows students to take online core curriculum classes instead of or in addition to the traditional classes taught on campus.
While the eCore students do not appear in a classroom for a specified time period but instead fulfill their course obligations from a computer to which they have access, they are REQUIRED to take at least one but often two proctored exams. These exams must be administered at an approved testing site according to the time frame for testing provided by the eCore Center at the University of West Georgia.
The Testing Office at UWG is an approved eCore testing site and will administer eCore midterms and finals for those examinees wishing to test here. We are conveniently located on the west side of the UWG Carrollton Campus, on the first floor of Strozier Hall.
Follow these steps to schedule an eCore exam:
- At the beginning of the semester, identify whether your eCore class has a proctored midterm, a proctored final, or both. This information should be on your course syllabus. Be sure to note the deadlines established for making your testing appointments. Also, be aware of the session in which you are enrolled; some eCore courses are taught as full session classes and others as short session classes.
- Registration for eCore exams is done through your GoView account.
- There is an $18.00 fee for each eCore exam that we administer. This fee, payable by debit/credit card only, is non-refundable. (Please see link below to pay with card, or call the Testing Office to advise if you plan to pay with cash or check.)
- Valid photo I.D. (Driver's License, School ID, Military ID, or passport) is required for testing.
- All eCore exams are computer-based; examinees are required to enter their GoView usernames and passwords.
- Examinees who are late or who miss their scheduled appointment, regardless of the reason, must reschedule through the Academic Testing Services office.
- Examinees are responsible for knowing what allowed materials their eCore instructors permit in the testing room and bringing those materials to the testing site.
- Examinees are expected to abide by the institution's academic integrity policy. Those who violate the policy will be reported.
- If you require testing accommodations, please provide your university-approved documentation to eCore. Once eCore has applied your accommodations, then complete your test registration.
- Once you have submitted a copy of your accommodations paperwork to eCore, please contact UWG Academic Testing Services by phone (678-839-6435), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or walk in (Strozier Hall room 108) to discuss the details of your appointment.
Parking information: Parking for tests administered in the UWG Testing Office is the Tyus Hall Lot; note the ATM at the edge of the lot and UWG Student Health Services Building. See UWG Campus Map for details, and locate Strozier Hall for the Academic Testing Center location. Please do not forget a valid, government-issued photo ID is required for testing.
If you have any questions regarding exam registration or payment, please reach out to our Testing Office at 678-839-6435 or email at email@example.com.