Independent Study & Proctored Exams
As a service to persons who are taking independent study courses and/or distance education courses through other institutions or entities, the Testing Office does provide proctoring services when those programs require the administration of exams in a supervised setting.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Arrangements must be made in advance, preferably 2 – 3 weeks. This enables the institution/program sending the test and any additional materials ample time to get them to the Testing Office.
- Independent/proctored exams are administered at various time on a weekday, mutually convenient to both the examinee and the UWG Academic Testing Office. Under certain circumstances, the time frame may be changed.
- The fee for proctoring an independent study exam is $15, payable by check or cash when the examinee arrives to take the test. Payment by credit card is available through the online registration.
- Appointments are made by contacting the Testing Office by phone: 678-839-6435 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. At the time the appointment is made, the following information must be provided: name of examinee, name of course, format of test (paper/pencil or computer-based), first choice of testing date and time, and the name of the institution or program sending the exam. Academic Testing Services strictly enforces a 48-hour in advance policy to schedule testing appointments with us. This policy means that you will need to schedule at least 48 hours prior to your exam time (excluding weekends). We strongly encourage that you contact us to schedule all of your testing appointments prior to the deadline date for your exam, based on the recurring times of testing sessions.
- When the examinee arrives at the Testing Office in Strozier Hall for the testing appointment, photo identification must be presented. This photo ID may be a driver’s license, an employee work badge, or the student ID from the examinee’s home institution.
Parking information: Parking for tests administered in the UWG Testing Office is the Tyus Hall Lot; note the ATM at the edge of the lot and UWG Student Health Services Building. See UWG Campus Map for details, and locate Strozier Hall for the Academic Testing Center location. Please do not forget the steps referenced above including photo ID that is required for testing.
If you have any questions regarding exam registration or payment, please reach out to our Testing Office at 678-839-6435 or email us at email@example.com.