Each semester exceptional students from across the extended West Georgia area attend the Advanced Academy. The Academy provides a unique early entrance to college opportunity in a fully immersed university setting for students who are looking to accelerate their education while learning and actively participating in an academically enriched environment.
- We are accepting applications for Spring 2017 for current high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors through October.
- Fall 2017 Priority Deadline: March 1, 2017
- Fall 2017 Final Deadline: June 1, 2017
All students who are interested in attending The Academy must first apply. Below are the steps to a successful application.
Step 1: Make sure you meet the minimum admissions criteria.
- 3.5 unweighted, academic high school GPA
- and 1 of the 4 following minimum test scores*
- (1) 1750 Composite SAT** score OR 26 Composite ACT score
- (2) 650 SAT Critical Reading** score OR 28 ACT English score
- (3) 650 SAT Math** score OR 28 ACT Math score
- (4) 600 SAT Writing** score OR 26 ACT Writing score
- If you do not have a high school GPA (entering 9th grade with no high school GPA established), you must meet 2 of the 4 test score requirements
*Note: University minimum scores must be met in all areas (SAT 430 Critical Reading/ACT 17 English and SAT 410 Math/ACT 17 Math)
**The score requirements here are for the old SAT. UWG will convert scores from the new SAT to the equivalent score on the old SAT for admission purposes; the converted score must meet the minimums outline above. You can check your score conversion here: Convert your scores!
Students who are currently enrolled in Dual Enrollment at UWG will be admitted based on their UWG performance. Students must have a minimum 3.2 UWG GPA and a minimum of 15 earned credit hours. Those students will receive an invitation to join the Academy and do not have to apply.
Step 3: Fill out and submit a UWG application, available at UWG Admissions. On your application, you should select that you are applying to UWG as Dual Enrolled student
Step 5: Accept your invitation to join the Academy! All students who apply to dual enroll at UWG who meet or exceed the Advanced Academy's entrance criteria will be invited to join the Academy.
We also work very well with home school applicants and encourage home school students to apply to the Advanced Academy. You will complete the regular UWG application through UWG Admissions, including any supplemental materials required for home school applicants. You should indicate on your application that you are applying to UWG as a home school student and that you are applying for Dual Enrollment.