About Piano Degrees
- BM Performance
- BM Performance with Emphasis in Pedagogy
- BM Performance with Emphasis in Jazz Studies
- MM Performance
BM = Bachelor's of Music, MM = Master's of Music
Scholarships and Awards
- The Betty Tolbert Smith Award for Piano and The George Mann Award for Piano: These awards are given to an incoming or first year student, either graduate or undergraduate, who exhibits potential for excellence in the piano area as evidence during the audition and interview, or by exceptional progress during the first year. This student will be enrolled in the bachelor of Music in Piano Performance with Emphasis in Pedagogy degree, or in the Master of Music in Piano Performance degree.
- Kawai America Piano Scholarship: to benefit a full time piano music major who, during an audition demonstrates superior performance skills, and meets or exceeds UWG's academic standards.
- Mary Lou Munn Memorial Scholarship: to be awarded to a promising student in piano performance for four academic years.
- Charles Wadsworth Music Scholarship
Kawai EPIC Institution
One of only 10 in the nation, and the first public institution, to acquire Kawai “Elite Performing Instrument Collection” (EPIC) status. Top of the line Sigeru Kawai instruments are located in the piano teaching studio and piano practice rooms.
- Repertoire: two memorized, contrasting standard pieces, from two different style periods.
- Sight Reading: will be assessed informally in preparation for enrollment at UWG; late elementary level of difficulty
- Scheduling: auditions arranged by appointment
- The meeting dates for the Keyboard Ensemble are determined on a term by term basis.
- The Keyboard Ensemble varies per semester.
- For requirements for participation in this ensemble, contact Dr. Carol Gingerich.
- Performances are expected for Keyboard Ensemble members.
Piano Related Events
- Destination: Music
- Free Sample Mini Piano Lessons: upon request, experience a private lesson with Dr. Gingerich
- For information regarding the Piano Project contact Dr. Gingerich.
Meet the Professors
- Dr. Carol Gingerich
- Dr. Ben Geyer
- Mrs. Jan Adams