Academic advising is a critical component of the educational experience. In line with the philosophy of the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA), the academic advisement program empowers students to take charge of their educational careers through a collaborative relationship between advisor and student. Toward this end, students learn to develop and implement sound educational plans that are consistent with their personal values and career goals.
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor. Call 678-839-6547 to find out who your advisor is.
- Currently enrolled students who are already declared as a chemistry major will normally receive an email around the mid-way point of the semester with instructions on how to sign up for an advising appointment for the upcoming semester.
- Review the expectations and responsibilities for advisement.
- Attend the scheduled meeting with your academic advisor.
- Access the BanWeb tab on myUWG and register for the classes that you and your advisor listed on your scheduled plan.
- If you do not remember what classes are on your schedule plan, you can access Wolf Watch to find the plan that you and your advisor developed.