Why Sustainable Business?
Businesses face a fluid and changing landscape, one shaped by a variety of factors from shifting market conditions to evolving tastes and technologies to developing customer needs. That’s nothing new. But today’s companies must ensure they meet these challenges in a sustainable manner that is focused not just on profit, but also on social, environmental and ethical responsibility.
That’s what the Southwire Sustainable Business Honors Program is all about – preparing students to lead thriving businesses focused on the next generation, not just the next earnings report. The only one of its kind in the United States, the program allows students to earn their bachelor’s and master’s degrees in four years as well as a sustainability certificate. Through the Southwire Sustainable Business Honors Program, students learn traditional business practices through Southwire’s sustainability tenets of Building Worth, Growing Green, Living Well, Giving Back and Doing Right.
Southwire Sustainable Business Honors Programs
Instructors weave these ideals into lectures, assignments, projects and experiences, both in the classroom and in real applications as students work alongside members of the Southwire team. As they build experience in sustainable business practices, students create positive impacts reaching the university, the factory floor, the community and within themselves.
- Student Project Leads to Bike Share (Video)
- Carrollton Student Shines at UWG, Plans Own Business After Graduation
- Student Project Grows Wheels
- Sharing is Caring: New Bike-Share Program Cruising into Carrollton this Fall
- Why becoming a "townie" is the new trend for college grads
- UWG a major engine for county's growth
- Business college in business of transforming lives
- Green Chamber of the South: Where Education meets Business
- Southwire, UWG's First Cohort Begins Internship
- Student touts benefits of UWG, Southwire honors program
- Southwire Donates $40,000 Scholarship Gift
- Sustainability Managers Bring More Than Environmental Expertise
- Earn your Graduate Degree While Still an Undergrad
- 3 Ways Sustainability Managers Can Expand their Influence
- Southwire CEO receives 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award
- UWG Announces Sustainable Business Honors Program
- UWG Welcomes Sustainable Business Honors Program Students
- Georgia Trend Highlights Program
- Southwire Blog