For more information, please see the Academic Catalog.
- Overview Jump to content
- Cost Jump to content
- Courses Jump to content
- Faculty Jump to content
- Admissions Jump to content
- Dates Jump to content
- Objectives Jump to content
The University of West Georgia is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Credit and transfer
Total semester hours required:
This program may be earned entirely face-to-face. However, depending on the courses chosen, a student may choose to take some partially or fully online courses.
UWG is often ranked as one of the most affordable accredited universities of its kind, regardless of the method of delivery chosen.
- Total tuition costs and fees may vary, depending on the instructional method of the courses in which the student chooses to enroll.
- The more courses a student takes in a single term, the more they will typically save in fees and total cost.
- Face-to-face or partially online courses are charged at the general tuition rate and all mandatory campus fees, based on the student's residency (non-residents are charged at a higher rate).
- Fully or entirely online course tuition rates and fees my vary depending on the program. Students enrolled in exclusively online courses do not pay non-Resident rates.
- Together this means that GA residents pay about the same if they take all face-to-face or partially online courses as they do if they take only fully online courses exclusively; while non-residents save money by taking fully online courses.
- One word of caution: If a student takes a combination of face-to-face and online courses in a single term, he/she will pay both all mandatory campus fees and the higher eTuition rate.
- For cost information, as well as payment deadlines, see the Student Accounts and Billing Services website
There are a variety of financial assistance options for students, including scholarships and work study programs. Visit the Office of Financial Aid's website for more information.
Students with majors in other disciplines may complete a minor in biology. The minor requires 15-18 hours of biology courses with at least nine of those hours at the 3000-4000 level.
BIOL-1107 - Principles of Biology I
This course is the first of a two-part sequence for nursing and non-biology science majors. Topics include biomolecules, cell structure and function, energy metabolism, photosynthesis, cell reproduction, and genetics.
BIOL-1107L - Principles of Biology I Laboratory
The laboratory component for BIOL 1107. Lecture and lab must be taken in the same term.
BIOL-1108 - Principles of Biology II
This course is the second of a two-part sequence for nursing and non-biology science majors. Topics include evolution, plant and animal physiology, and ecology.
BIOL-1108L - Principles of Biology II Laboratory
The laboratory component for BIOL 1108.
BIOL-2107 - Principles of Biology I for Biology Majors
This is the first of a two semester course designed for biology majors requiring a survey of fundamental topics in modern biology. Lectures build on a foundation of chemistry to develop current concepts of cell and molecular biology, genetics, evolution, and biological diversity. This course satisfies a core requirement of the Biology Major, but does not fulfill any of the requirements for general education.
BIOL-2107L - Principles of Biology I Lab for Biology Majors
This is the laboratory component for the lecture course, BIOL 2017.
BIOL-2108 - Principles of Biology II for Biology Majors
This is the second of a two semester course designed for biology majors requiring a survey of fundamental topics in modern biology. Lectures build on a foundation of chemistry to develop current concepts of the form and function of plants and animals and of ecology. This course satisfies a core requirement of the Biology major but does not fulfill any of the requirements for general education.
BIOL-2108L - Principles of Biology II Lab for Biology Majors
This is the laboratory component for the lecture course, BIOL 2108.
No faculty members listed
Objectives not available