In response to the growing need for technology certifications to gain employment, the UWG Department of Continuing Education is excited to announce that we now provide technology certifications and testing through UWG/ATG on campus or via REAL TIME Remote Training. Course offerings include CompTIA and Microsoft certifications, as well as PMP, Oracle 11G, Linux, ITIL and Cisco. Courses are open to all participants including the UWG community (faculty, staff or students) and our surrounding citizens. Customized courses can also be conducted on-location for businesses and organizations. Course offerings will be updated monthly. Scroll down to view the available programs or click here to download the current UWG/ATG catalog.
If a minimum of four students register for any particular program, the training will delivered face-to-face on-site at UWG.
If one to three students register for any particular program, the student can choose from the following two training delivery options:
- Take the course face-to-face on-site in Atlanta
- Take the course from any computer (meeting the minimum system requirements) via REAL TIME Remote Training
REAL TIME Remote Training
Through REAL TIME Remote Training, from any computer anywhere, students in multiple locations can simultaneously:
- See live classroom instruction in REAL TIME
- Ask questions in REAL TIME
- See the instructor's computer white board in REAL TIME
- Hear other students questions in REAL TIME
- See the instructional material in REAL TIME
REAL TIME System Requirements
- High speed stable internet connection (at least DSL)
- A computer that has speakers and a microphone or headset installed on it
- The latest version of Internet Explorer or Firefox installed
- At least Windows XP or higher for Windows, Mac OSX 10.6 or higher for an Apple system
In addition, the student will download software that will be used for the live remote.