General Regents’ Engineering Pathway Program Information
The Regents’ Engineering Pathway (REPP) was established in 1986 to expand the availability of engineering education opportunities for Georgians. Students complete two or more years of pre engineering courses at participating University System of Georgia (REPP Partner) institutions and then transfer to one of five institutions to complete a B.S. degree in Engineering.
The five engineering institutions in the Regent's Engineering Pathways Program include Georgia Tech, the University of Georgia, Kennesaw State University, Georgia Southern, and Mercer University. Each institution offers a variety of engineering programs, and has specific transfer requirements.
Get In Touch
University of West Georgia
Technology Learning Center
Dr. Sharmistha Basu-Dutt
Director of Engineering Studies & Professor of Chemistry
Phone: (678) 839-6018
Dr. Julie Talbot
Associate Professor of Physics
Phone: (678) 839-4093
Dr. James Mayer
Geosciences Department Chair
Phone: (678) 839-4055
Why begin your Engineering Career at UWG?
- Learning takes place in a friendly, medium sized university.
- Be a member of the pre-engineering learning community your freshmen year and take classes with a cohort of students, all aspiring to become engineers.
- Classes are taught by professors who provide individual attention to students in small classroom settings.
- Build a solid foundation in humanities, mathematics, sciences, and engineering.
- Utilize a full range of academic services targeted towards science, engineering, and mathematics majors.
- Program can be paced to fit individual scholastic background and individual learning needs.
- Research and teaching assistantships as well as internships and co-ops are available.
- Attend a school close to home to decrease the cost of your education and ease the adjustment of university life.
- Finance your study with awards and scholarships available through the university, College of Science and Mathematics, and various departments.