The College of Science and Mathematics fosters an academic atmosphere conducive to learning, research and scholarship. The college is dedicated to an academic curriculum that supports majors and non-majors in becoming successful professionals and well-informed citizens.
In support of its mission, the College of Science and Mathematics is committed to:
- An inclusive environment that fosters a lifetime of critical thinking, learning, and inquiry;
- Exceptional classroom teaching by outstanding faculty;
- Nationally competitive undergraduate programs that meet the evolving needs of its students;
- Excellent student-oriented graduate programs;
- Educating inspiring science and mathematics teachers;
- Undergraduate research aimed at preparing students for graduate and professional schools, and for an increasingly competitive global jobs market;
- Innovative research and external funding;
- Interdisciplinary collaboration;
- Excellent staff, facilities, and technology;
- Effective community outreach.