The Survey Research Center is an academic research center housed in the College of Social Sciences at the University of West Georgia. The Center specializes in the design and implementation of surveys to assist government, non-profit, and academic organizations meet their research needs. We offer high- quality, professional survey research services and fully adhere to the research standards set forth by the American Association of Public Opinion Research (AAPOR).
We provide research design and consultation services including:
- Overall survey research project design
- Questionnaire design
- Sample design
- Field work
- Data entry and coding
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Report writing and generation
We provide data collection services in a variety of modalities based on project needs. Surveys can be conducted via:
- Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI)
- Mixed mode
- Focus Groups
- In person interviewing
- Paper and Pencil/Mail
The Survey Research Center operates a 9-station, state of the art CATI facility running WinCATI 4.5 CATI software. We maintain a high level of quality control by having real time data access once a study has been fielded, in-house programming, and only using highly trained interviewers and effective focus group facilitators. Supervisors are trained in survey research methodology and monitor all data collection activities. In addition, we have on-site facilities for conducting focus groups. Data analysis software programs include SPSS, SAS, STATA, and NVIVO.
- Quality of Life Surveys
- Community Attitudes and Perceptions Surveys
- Housing Surveys
- Government Services Surveys
- Labor Surveys
- Work-life Balance Surveys
- Process Evaluations
- Click here for a complete Project List
- Past clients include the Carroll County Planning Commission, Carroll Tomorrow, Carroll County Chamber of Commerce, UWG Institutional Advancement, Caroll County Drug Court, and the Murphy Center for Public Service.
- Cost estimates are available free of charge.