• Who can I speak with regarding the online Criminology Program?

    Feel free to stop by the Criminology Department on campus or call/email any of our faculty if you have specific questions regarding the program.  If you have questions regarding taking classes online, the contact information for Distance Education as well as eCore support are listed below.


    UWG Online (Distance Education):

    Call: 678-839-6248 (M-F 8am-5pm) or 1-855-933-UWGO (8946) (M-F 8am-5pm)

    E-mail: online@westga.edu


    Call: 678-839-5300 (M-F 8am-5pm)

    E-mail: ecore@westga.edu

  • How do I enroll in the program?

    To enroll in the online Criminology degree, you should apply for admission to the university and then simply declare your major as Criminology Online.

  • How are online course different from on-campus courses?

    Students admitted to UWG’s online programs learn the same material and benefit from the same rigorous and high-quality learning experiences as campus-based students and they enjoy frequent interactions with the instructor and other classmates. The Department of Criminology maintains its commitment to supporting its students and will work to insure that each student gets the attention they need. Though you may never see or meet your online instructor, instead of being limited to asking questions during class or office hours, students have direct access to instructors via email, message boards, or by phone.

    Online courses often require at least as much, if not more, time and commitment than traditional courses. They often require far more reading, as much of the information is text based. With the increased freedom and flexibility comes responsibility. Without the structure of regular class meetings, it will be up to you to stay motivated, pace yourself, and keep up with assignments.

    Successful online students are also not afraid to pro-actively seek solutions to technical or logistical challenges or speak up and ask for assistance when needed.

    In some cases, proctored exams may be required but will be made available at a site convenient to where you live.

    Online courses can be a good choice for those who need flexibility, those who work best when given time to review content and post thoughtful responses to questions posed, and those who are self-disciplined.

  • How do I get in touch with professor?

    Emails and other contact information can be found on the department web page.

  • How do I make an appointment?

    Appointments are typically made by emailing the professor directly. This creates a record of the appointment and can be referenced in the future.

  • How do I login to CourseDen to look at my online classes?

    You can access your courses in CourseDen by your course list in your myUWG account or simply by logging in HERE to CourseDen and once you log in you will be able to view all of your online courses.

  • What classes do I have left?

    You should compare the program requirements against your Wolf-watch record.

  • What should I take if my transcript has not been evaluated?

    While waiting for your transcript to be evaluated, we recommend you take courses you KNOW you have not taken at another institution.

  • What are the upcoming deadlines?

    Make sure to look at the online Academic Calendar to make note of all of the important dates by clicking HERE. The Academic Calendar has the important dates regarding registration, add/drop, and withdrawal from classes.

    Please note that the deadlines for eCore classes will be slightly different from the Academic Calendar linked above. Visit the eCore website to view important dates regarding eCore registration and eCore classes.

  • Where do I find more info on eCore classes? What courses are offered via eCore?

    Please review the eCore administrative website as well as the UWG online course catalog. Classes that are being offered online will be noted as such in the course description. Click here to learn more about UWG's eCore Program

  • How do I get approval for a major override?

    Major overrides are available from your instructor. You may either email them with your name and ID, or stop by their office to request an override.

  • What are sequenced courses?

    A sequenced course refers to the courses that must be taken in a specific order. CRIM 1100 must be taken before CRIM 4277. You should try to get these courses out of the way as soon as possible. The department will not allow you to take these courses concurrently even if they are the only ones you have left to graduate.

  • What are upper division Crim courses and Supporting courses?

    Upper division CRIM courses are courses the student 'selects' from 3000-4000 level CRIM courses that are listed in the catalog. Supporting courses are 3000-4000 level classes the student elects to enroll in that support CRIM. If you can reasonably justify the course supports a degree in Criminology, it usually will be approved.

  • The class I need is not being offered. What can I do?

    The Department does not offer every class every semester. You should take required classes as soon as possible. Do not assume the course(s) you need will be offered in a particular semester. We recommend leaving electives for you final semester in order to provide you with more flexibility.

  • Will my degree reflect that I took my courses online?

    No. The degrees are accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, as well as other nationally recognized accreditation agencies (more information about accreditation is available in the degree details). Your degree will be issued by UWG and it will be exactly the same as if you had attended classes on campus.

  • Do I need to repeat a course if I earned a D?

    The only courses in the CRIM program that require a C or better is CRIM 3240, CRIM 4000, CRIM 4003, and CRIM 4284. For all other courses in the major, a D is passing and does not need to be repeated if your overall GPA remains above a 2.0. However, any grade below a C can be repeated if you choose to do so.

  • Will I be able to walk in the spring even though I only have a few classes left?

    The graduation office will not allow you to participate in the spring graduation if you have only one class remaining and you are enrolled for that class in the summer. Summer graduation is available.

  • How do I apply for graduation?

    Graduation information is available through the registrar's office by clicking HERE.