Why minor in Communication Studies?
Regardless of major, everyone needs effective communication skills to be successful in today’s job market. Students will develop critical abilities across a variety of contexts.
- Working effectively in groups
- Excelling in interpersonal interactions
- Managing conflict
- Engaging across cultures
- Leading projects
- Thinking critically
- Arguing persuasively and ethically
- Adapting to changing environments
Read the article by Forbes Magazine, "Forbes 10 Skills Employers Most Want...".
What courses are offered in this minor?
Students minoring in Communication Studies can choose from a variety of classes.
- COMM 3200 - Rhetoric and Social Influence
- COMM 3310 - Persuasion
- COMM 3320 - Small Group Communication
- COMM 3340 - Advanced Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 3360 - Intercultural Communication
- COMM 4200 - Gender and Communication
- COMM 4210 - Communication and Conflict
- COMM 4220 - Health Communication
- COMM 4600 - Theories of Communication