Chartered in 1998, the UWG Political Science Club has become an active campus organization. The club meets once every two weeks in order to discuss current political issues. In addition they also hold on-campus events with political candidates on both sides of the aisle. In the Fall of 2015, the club took several UWG students to the Georgia State Capitol to see their local legislators at work. Students were able to watch sessions of both the House and Senate. Students also had the opportunity to meet with legislators. In April of 2013, the Political Science Club went to a soup kitchen in Atlanta to help out those in need. Additionally, the club has sponsored several different types of events such as having Atlanta Journal Constitution columnist Jay Bookman speak at the university and hosting a Congressional Candidate forum in 2010.
Location: Pafford 118
- Meetings are on every other Wednesday.
- All students are welcome to meetings no matter what their major is.
- There is a $20 membership fee for those who wish to join the club.
- Faculty Advisor (Dr. Anthony Fleming)
- Social Media (Like and follow to recieve updates regarding meetings, planned events, and guest speakers)