- What is Kaltura MediaSpace?
Kaltura lets you create and share video and audio files in D2L. Uploaded files are automatically converted into multiple formats for a seamless viewing experience. You can also grant upload permission to students for video-based assignments.
- Why use Kaltura MediaSpace?
Create more engaging content for your students. Incorporate video into your content areas as well as your announcements, emails, discussions, assignments, and tests. Easily record, edit, and share any number of videos in D2L. Enhance your videos with captions, slideshow presentations, timelines, chapters, and attachments. Stay in compliance with University copyright policy. Kaltura locks down videos to students taking your course.
What is Kaltura Personal Capture?
Kaltura CaptureSpace combines painless recording, automated publishing, and interactive viewing to enable easy video capture in class, at the office, at home, or on-the-go. Content creators capture multi-stream recordings of up to three video inputs synchronized with a PowerPoint presentation or screen capture. Viewers can navigate to desired content, search through slide text, switch between video streams, and view picture in picture.
Why use Kaltura Personal Capture?
Seamless recording to viewing and one-stop content management. You can record anywhere to capture audio, screen/powerpoint, and webcam video from up to 3 sources at the same time (or you can do audio and presentation only). It allows for interactive viewing through user chosen video output and side-by-side or picture-in-picture view modes.
- Estimated completion time for FREE automated captions?
Auto captioning time varies depending on the number of videos in the captions queue and how long the videos are.
- Estimated time of availability for PAID captioning?
- What platforms will this work on?
- iOS 8.x & 9.x (iPhone 4s, 5c, 5s, 6, and 6s)
- Android 4.4, 5.x, & 6.x (Samsung S3, S4, S5, Galaxy Tab, and Nexus 9)
- Windows Phone 8 & 8.1 (Lumia 920)
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7, 8, & 10
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- Firefox's Latest Version for Windows 7, 8, & 10 along with MacOS 10.11
- Google Chrome Latest Version for Windows 7, 8, & 10 along with MacOS 10.11
- Safari for MacOS 10.11
- There are also some previous versions of these platforms that can run Kaltura, but
they are not fully supported so functionality would be limited and possibly buggy.
- Can old videos be imported into their delivery system?
Videos can be imported directly from Youtube and any saved files can be uploaded from a desktop or mobile device.
- Where will videos created with Kaltura MediaSpace be stored?
Kaltura MediaSpace stores videos in their management console that is set up with an intuitive interface and allows the user to organize their content, search their media, edit, moderate, create playlists, and more via the MediaSpace webpage. Created content is also stored in a folder on the user's computer so they can always have a local copy at hand.
- Can we continue to create videos with Camtasia (or other preferred tools)?
Use the Camtasia Relay Publishing Plugin for Kaltura. Before Camtasia Relay can publish presentations to Kaltura, your Kaltura account must be set up to accept Custom Data. Custom Data allows Kaltura to accept important presentation information from Camtasia
- Can video content be exported?
Local exporting: Any videos created with Kaltura have the option to have them saved locally on the user's machine as well as in the Kaltura MediaSpace.
External exporting: Kaltura offers an All-In-One Distribution Module that provides a set of connectors for distribution to destinations like Youtube, Hulu, Facebook, Dailymotion, and other video streaming platforms.
- What are supported video resolutions?
Kaltura video players currently support Standard Definition (480p), Semi-High Definition (720p), and True High Definition (1080p). Kaltura is working to meet industry standards in order to offer support for 4K resolutions, but that is not available at this time.
- Do interactive video quizzes export to the gradebook?
Kaltura currently interacts directly with Canvas, Moodle & Blackboard gradebooks.
- What languages does Kaltura MediaSpace support?
Kaltura currently fully supports 10 languages and are continually working on adding more. Since Kaltura provides the capability for KMS administrators to upload additional languages through the language module, there are also languages available that Kaltura did not provide themselves. Because of this, they can be used, but are not fully supported by Kaltura incase there is a problem with them. This chart shows which languages are available and whether or not they are fully supported.
|Available (Fully Supported by Kaltura)||Available (Not Fully Supported by Kaltura)|