Scholarships to Study Abroad
Scholarships to study abroad have various deadlines usually scheduled in the fall semester, with some in the spring. The application forms are within the portal system once you are logged in. Make sure you search for “active scholarships”.
Scholarships managed by the Office of Education Abroad
Dana Pace Scholarship
- Preference is given to African American males
H. Frank Pritchett, Jr. Study Abroad Scholarship
- Recipients will be undergraduate students majoring in a discipline within the College of Arts, Culture, and Scientific Inquiry or the School of Communications, Film and Media with preference given to students majoring in the arts and humanities;
- Recipients will demonstrate financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid;
- Recipients must maintain a GPA of at least 2.75; and
- Preference will be given to students who have never traveled abroad.
Wasdin International Scholarship
- Active in their campus community (including involvement in activities such as sports, cultural events, student government, and social or service groups)
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Be at least a second-semester sophomore and
- Be planning to study abroad in Europe, Central America, or South America.
Wolves Abroad Grant
- First-time abroad student
- Undergraduates are required to have a 2.75 GPA
- Graduate students are required to have a 3.2 GPA
- 2 letters of recommendation from UWG faculty
- 500-700 word personal statement essay
Westside to Worldwide
- African American male
- Never traveled abroad
- $155 to help cover passport
Office of Education Abroad Scholarship
- Answered yes to the scholarship question on the study abroad program
- Committed to a study abroad program
- Award depends on the length of the trip
Scholarships Available through other Campus Units
Please request information from the College or Department that is home to this specific major.
Fernando Susach Student Travel Scholarship Endowment
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- First-time study abroad
- Preference will be given to economic majors who demonstrate financial need.
Pierrette Frickey Award
- Preference is given to students with a 3.0 GPA or higher, who are majoring or minoring in French.
- Preference is also given to students who have been accepted into a Study Abroad Program in France.
Gustafson Student Travel Scholarship
- Business student majoring in economics
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Participating in an RCOB faculty lead study abroad program
- First-time study abroad student
- Demonstrates financial need
Honey and Richard Shackelford Scholarship Fund
- Awards to Spanish majors studying abroad through the exchange program in Concepcion, Chile