You must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- Complete the online application (see HOW TO APPLY) for graduate admissions. The online application requires a $40.00 non-refundable application fee
- Send official GRE scores (Verbal and Quantitative reasoning) to the University of West Georgia (be sure to choose school code 5900, when taking the test). Scores must be no more than 5 years old. GRE® test scores are valid for five years after the testing year in which you tested (July 1–June 30). Currently, scores earned from July 1, 2010, to the present are available. There is norequired minimum GRE score, however, we do have recommended minimum GRE scores. Students must complete the Verbal & Quantitative reasoning tests. GRE scores are required and must be no more than 5 years old. Due to the extremely competitive selection process, GRE scores are an important criterion to differentiate applicants.
- All applicants must have earned a Master’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- Three letters of Recommendation: At least one letter must be from a current or past supervisor.
- Vitae: A vitae listing education and employment history, experience with school improvement, and awards and recognitions. Provide your current and complete contact information, including an active e-mail address.
- Official Transcripts: Request official transcripts from institutions that you have attended (must include undergraduate and graduate). Place the transcripts in this packet in their original, sealed envelopes (it cannot be treated as official if it has been opened).
- Essay: Complete a 750-1,000 word essay that discusses your professional goals related to school improvement. In your essay, include any literature (e.g., research article) that has informed your professional practice or otherwise influenced you. (Include appropriate APA citations)
NOTE: International applicants must follow procedures and timelines of the UWG International Office.