The School Improvement Doctoral Program has been selected as a new member of the Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate consortium. Read the official Press Release!
Our Ed.D. program in School Improvement offers a unique opportunity for educators looking for an interdisciplinary, inquiry-based doctoral program that prepares graduates to become change agents in the schools they serve. Please review the information provided on this website and contact us for additional information.
Our program has served students for 12 years as a face-to-face program. Beginning with summer of 2011, we now offer 100% of our coursework online.
There are several unique features of the Doctorate in School Improvement. These include the following:
- All coursework is delivered through an asynchronous online environment, using a wide variety of instructional technologies.
- Students are required to come to our Carrollton, GA campus twice during the program: (1) for an intensive 2-1/2 day Orientation during the first summer, and (2) for an intensive Dissertation Prep Seminar.
- Our program not only prepares you for your dissertation, but also guides you through the process by incorporating it into the coursework.
- Since we have incorporated the dissertation into the second half of the coursework, the program may be completed in three years.
- Our faculty are nationally recognized, committed to school improvement, and understand your needs as an adult online learner.
Applications are closed for the summer 2017 cohort. We are no longer accepting applications.
We will begin accepting applications on October 2, 2017 for the summer 2018 cohort.
Orientation dates for the 2017 Cohort are May 31, June 1 & 2.