Welcome to the Department of Literacy and Special Education!
The Department of Literacy and Special Education offers a number of robust degree programs that work to develop reflective educators who positively affect the learning of school aged children with unique needs and diverse abilities. Through focused teaching, critical reflection, and scholarship, our faculty is committed to providing quality instruction for you to become a skilled leader in education.
The M.Ed. in Reading Instruction has been recognized by TheBestSchools.org as one of the top 10 online M.Ed. programs in Reading Teacher Education for 2021! Click here to check out the article!
Areas of Study
- Masters of Education in Reading Instruction
- Reading Endorsement
- ESOL Endorsement
- Dyslexia Endorsement
- Bachelor of Science in Education with a Major in Special Education and Teaching: General or Adapted Curriculum
- Master of Arts (MAT: Special Education): General or Adapted Curriculum
- Master of Education with a Major in Special Education and Teaching, General
- Specialist in Education with a Major in Special Education
- Autism Endorsement