Wolf Wellness Lab Services
The Wolf Wellness Lab is proud to be able to provide and give several services to the many students, faculty, staff of UWG and the surrounding community.
Biometric Screenings and Assessments – The Wolf Wellness Lab is able to provide biometric health screenings to UWG faculty, staff, and students for an affordable price. Ultimately, the lab will be able to provide services to the Carrollton community as well. The biometric screenings program offers quality health and wellness screenings, while giving students valuable “hands-on” experience. The following is a list of screenings that can be completed at the Wolf Wellness Lab.
Exercise is Medicine on Campus – The Wolf Wellness Lab will serve as the point of contact for UWG’s gold-level Exercise is Medicine on Campus program. Exercise is Medicine® on Campus (EIM-OC) is a program that calls upon universities and colleges to engage in the promotion of physical activity as a vital sign of health. EIM-OC encourages faculty, staff and students to work together toward improving the health and well-being of the campus community by:
- Making movement a part of the daily campus culture
- Assessing physical activity at every student health visit
- Assessing current fitness status for faculty, staff, and students
- Providing students the tools necessary to strengthen healthy physical activity habits that can last a lifetime
- Connecting university health care providers with university health fitness specialists to provide a referral system for exercise prescription.
Only 166 universities and colleges are honored by the American College of Sports Medicine. Of those, only 77 receive a gold level of designation. UWG EIM has held gold level recognition for SIX YEARS IN A ROW. UWG also earned EIM’s COVID Conqueror badge, a new honor given to campuses that demonstrated creative adaptations to physical activity programming during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information on the EIM-OC program, please contact program advisor Chrissy Knoll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Aid/CPR/AED Training and Certification – The Wolf Wellness Lab will house American Heart Association First Aid/CPR and AED training and certification courses.
The Department of Sport Management, Wellness, and Physical Education has four certified American Heart Association instructors that will offer on-campus and community trainings and certification courses throughout the academic year.
First Aid and CPR(pdf)
Health/Wellness Education and Coaching – One of the main responsibilities of the lab will be to provide health, wellness, and fitness education to the UWG and Carrollton community. The lab will also be responsible for developing community and corporate partnership to assist in future educational opportunities. Below is a tentative list of educational programs that will run through the lab.
- Family nutrition and physical activity summer program for children “Press Play”
- National Diabetes Prevention Program (In partnership with Tanner’s Get Healthy Live Well)
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Cooking demonstrations and Cooking Matters Classes (In partnership with Tanner’s Get Healthy Live Well)
- Stress and anxiety management
- Service learning opportunities
- Darkness to Light Training - child sexual abuse awareness and prevention
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Mindfulness and life coaching training
- Yoga for faculty, staff, and community
- Mindful movement classes for seniors in the community
- Financial wellness (Retirement information will be handled through UWG’s Human Resources Department)
- Semester long wellness series for UWG faculty and staff
- Training and hands-on experiences for CMWL students
A long-term goal of the lab is to be able to offer health coaching services(pdf) to UWG personnel and students as well as the underserved populations of Carrollton. Health and Community Wellness students who have completed a national health coaching certification will be able to provide services. Health coaching services can be delivered in many ways, including face-to-face meetings, webinars, or via phone.
High-performance Coaching for Collegiate and Professional Athletes – The Wolf Wellness Lab offers four distinct leadership and coaching services for students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Peak Performance Coaching Increase awareness of and improve thinking and behavioral patterns to elevate performance and competition results
- Leadership Development Guide habits, attitudes and communication to heighten success and promote (personal and) professional growth
- Team Dynamics and Spirit Transform team through building trust and responsibility
- Stress Management Instill emotional awareness of stressors and learn tools to effectively cope, such as relaxation, mindfulness, movement, and social support.
Worksite Well-Being Initiatives – The Wolf Wellness Lab will collaborate with UWG’s worksite wellness committee to host numerous employee wellness programs throughout the year.
These programs will aim to improve the overall health and well-being of UWG faculty and staff.