In order to graduate with Honors College distinction from UWG, students must:
UWG Honors College course requirements are based on credit hours completed or transferred in to UWG at the time of the student’s application and semester of entry into the program. See the Honors College Course requirements listed below.
Submit an e-portfolio (This will be produced through HONR prefix required courses)
Participate in undergraduate research.
Submit and have approved an Honors Thesis Proposal in the second semester of your Junior year (between 75 and 90 credit hours).
Submit an Honors Thesis prior to the week of finals in the semester of your graduation (see Honors Student Handbook for specifics about the Honors Thesis).
Have at least a 3.2 Overall GPA
Review the checklist of Honors College Graduation Criteria. Students should complete the checklist and submit to the Honors College Office the semester of graduation.
For graduation requirements and the checklist for students that were admitted to the Honors College prior to Fall 2018, click here.
All Honors College graduates receive recognition of their academic achievements and successes through the following:
- Honors College distinction on all Official Transcripts
- Honors College seal on Diploma
- Honors College Red and Blue Graduation Cords
- Official recognition during Commencement Ceremony and Program
Honors Thesis Requirements
For students graduating as of Spring 2020, click here for a complete guidebook of the Honors Thesis Requirements.
All students must submit an Honors Thesis to the Honors College office prior to the week of finals in the semester of their graduation. While there are no exact formatting, styles, or length requirements, all qualifying submissions should be:
- Directly related to student's major
- Completed during student's senior year
- Properly researched and cited using the preferred citation method for the student's academic discipline
- A reflection of the "best" work the student has completed during his or her studies
- Approximately 10-15 pages in length depending on the subject matter
Students should use the following documents when submitting their Honors College Thesis.
*Please note: Assignments completed for course credit may be used as student's Honors Thesis. Also, significant work achieved through group projects or undergraduate research projects may also be considered.