Innovations in Pedagogy
Innovations in Pedagogy
Innovations in Pedagogy is open to all faculty at the University of West Georgia.
Tuesday, May 16 (full day) - TSSON
Wednesday, May 17 (half day) - Virtual
Call for Proposals
Deadline: Sunday, March 12, 2023
Submit Your Proposals Online at InfoReady
The University of West Georgia's Innovations in Pedagogy Conference facilitates engaging conversations about best practices in teaching and learning - and provides a forum for sharing ideas across disciplinary boundaries.
Themes at Innovations in Pedagogy
- Adoptions of or adaptations to novel concepts, tools, and/or practices
- The relationship between equity and learning environments
- Ways to make authentic connections with students remotely
- Reconsidering one’s pedagogy in light of instructional technologies
- Taking creative or technical leaps in teaching
- Ways to balance self-care and student care
- Any other evidence-based teaching practices you might be working on or wanting to share
Conference Session Types
A 60-minute session by an individual or small team with active audience engagement. Presenter(s) should aim to help colleagues learn concepts, develop skills, or create materials for use in their courses. (To be presented in-person on Tuesday, May 16 and recorded using the classroom cameras).
A 60-minute session by a panel of presenters (up to 5) on a particular topic. A moderator facilitates an interactive discussion between panel members and the audience. (To be presented in-person on Tuesday, May 16 and recorded using the classroom cameras).
A pre-recorded 20-minute session by 1–3 presenters sharing a teaching strategy/ practice or research into a teaching practice with 10 minutes of live Q&A. (To be presented virtually on Wednesday, May 17 via Zoom).
A pre-recorded 10-minute session in which a presenter shares a simple, effective strategy for engaging students. (Live Q&A will be held virtually on Wednesday, May 17 via Zoom. Pre-recorded sessions must be submitted prior to the conference to allow attendees time to view before the virtual event).
- 2022 Innovations in Pedagogy Conference (GoogleSite)
- 2021 Innovations in Pedagogy Conference (GoogleSite)
- 2020 Innovations in Pedagogy Conference (GoogleSite)
- 2019 Innovations in Pedagogy Conference (digital program)
- 2018 Innovations in Pedagogy Conference (digital program)
- 2017 Innovations in Pedagogy Conference (digital program)
- 2016 Innovations in Pedagogy Conference (pdf)
- 2015 Innovations in Pedagogy Conference (pdf)
- 2014 Innovations in Pedagogy Conference (pdf)
First Floor, Old Auditorium
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.