Active your UWG ID
Follow these steps:
- Go to https://selfservice.westga.edu/showLogin.cc
- Click "Lookup Your Username."
- Input your student ID (this can be found in your acceptance packet), and select "Search."
- You will be given your UWG ID.
- Click "Reset your UWG ID password."
- You are redirected back to the first page. Here in the Sign in box, type in the UWG ID that you just looked up and your password.
Your Initial Password
The initial password is the last 2 numbers of your birth year and the last 4 digits of your UWG Student ID number. You can find your UWG ID number in your acceptance packet. The number will begin with the digits 917. It is also commonly referred to as your 917 number.
Below is an example:
- Birthday: October 1, 1999
- UWG Student ID: 917123456
Initial password would be: 993456
- Enter the green letters into the box below them to verify and select "Login."
- You will be asked to change your password after you have logged in. This password will be needed for your email, class registration, and much more!
Signing Into Your Student Email
During your course of study at the University of West Georgia, you will be expected to use your student email to send and receive information to the university staff and professors. Be sure to keep a regular check on this email as this is where we send important information to you about your immigration status, tuition fees, registration, and updates.
Go to gmail.com
Log in using your UWG ID with @my.westga.edu at the end. EXAMPLE: email@example.com
Use the same password you set up at the first stage of this module.
MyUWG features a broad variety of online tools and information for students. Most of the information is categorized using "tabs" and "channels."
When you first log in to MyUWG, you will notice a series of "tabs" near the top of the screen. Each tab contains a specific family of information and channels, the most common of which are outlined below.
- Main Tab
- The main tab is designed for quick and easy access to the most basic online tools at UWG. Under this tab, you will receive announcements, news, events, weather and be able to preview email and your calendar.
- BanWeb Tab
- The BanWeb tab provides automatic access to Banweb. Banweb is a secure, online tool used to manage student information. Through BanWeb, students can register and perform typical student tasks from the comfort of their own home or dorm room.
- My Courses Tab
- This tab features information regarding the individual courses you are registered for including distance education courses.
- My Resources Tab
- This tab contains links and information to almost everything a student will need at UWG. You will find information here regarding student activities, financial aid, career services and more.
- My Campus Tab
- This tab contains links and information pertaining to the physical campus. You will find information here regarding dorms, parking, dining, etc.
- Support / Help Tab
- The Support/Help tab is designed to direct students appropriately if they need support
or assistance. You will find information here regarding student technical support,
academic support, and more.
- The Support/Help tab is designed to direct students appropriately if they need support or assistance. You will find information here regarding student technical support, academic support, and more.
On each tab you will notice a series of boxes similar to windows. These boxes are known as "channels." Channels can be customized and moved. Click the "help" button in MyUWG to learn more about customizing your channels.