- International Education Week Jump to content
- International Festival Jump to content
- Spring 2020 Events Jump to content
- Fall 2020 Events Jump to content
International Education Week
International Education Week (IEW) is an annual opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education is relfected in UWG's efforts to promote programs that prepare our students for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences.
For more information about I.E.W., visit the U.S. Department of State's website here: https://iew.state.gov/
UWG's I.E.W. Events!
- International Education Week 2019
- International Education Week 2020
International Festival 2020: A Day Around the World
INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL 2020! | "A Day Around the World"
Two treasured traditions at UWG have joined forces.
International Night (since 1984) + World Festival (since 2008) = International Festival 2020
- When: March 11th, 2020, 3-8pm
- Where: Campus Center Ballroom
- What: A celebration of global education, international and multi-cultural students, staff and faculty at UWG
Order of Events
- 3pm: Set-up
- 4pm: Doors Open with Flag Parade of Nations into Ballroom
- 4:15pm: Welcome & Opening Address(es) by Maisey Trouwloon, ISC President; Amber Dean, SGA;
- 4:00pm - 7:00pm: Interactive cultural & info booths, workshops, performances (TBA)
- 4:30pm - 6:00pm: International Food Showcase *samples while supplies last
- 7:00pm: International Student Showcase (solos, music, fashion)
- 7:45pm: Closing Ceremony
- 8:00pm: End
International Parade of Flags | Flag Bearers Needed
- We are seeking student volunteers to carry one of the flags of the nations represented here on campus. We provide the flag and pole. This will take about 12-15 minutes to parade into the ballrooms to music, in single-file, onto the plaform and be recognized and photographed. To sign up, email: Rashika Webb / firstname.lastname@example.org by March 2nd, 2020
We invite you to participate in our International food showcase!
You will provide:
- 1 or 2 selected dishes in a "mini-muffin" portion to share with participants (while supplies last)
- Name of food and its Country / Culture of origin
- Ingredients list (For dietary reasons)
- Serving utensils
- Staff to serve for portion control
- Any table decour you wish
- Brochure / coupon with food (optional)
UWG Students, Staff & Faculty Participants:
- ISAP can reimburse you up to $150 per country, with receipts!
- Use residence halls or other kitchens to prepare food
Restaruants - We Provide:
- One 6ft. table
- paper table covering
- exposure to 300 participants
- Recognition / Sponsor Thank You
- Access to Campus Center to set up at 3:00pm
- Free parking
To sign up call or email Rashika Webb (International Student Services Coordinator) / Telephone: 678.839.5549 / Email: email@example.com
Spring 2020 Events
Spring Break 2021, TBA
When: Spring 2021
Where: Possible locations, 2-3 day trip to Florida Beaches + theme park + service project
Send your ideas to ISAP Coordinator Rashika Webb: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back for Details in late 2020.
The Remainder of Spring 2020 ISAP Events has been canceled. For more information please visit the UWG COVID-19 Page.
Fall 2020 Events
EVENTS COMING SOON
- International Student Club Jump to content
- Georgia International Leadership Conference (GILC) Jump to content
International Student Club
ISC focuses on encouraging intercultural, social, and athletic exchange among students of all nationalities, and to help create a sense of belonging to the campus community through a series of activities and programs that encourage cultural exchanges. ISC meetings are open to all UWG students!
Check out ISC's Culture Through Cuisine Series*
*CTCS takes place in Centre Point Suites Kitchen
Georgia International Leadership Conference (GILC)
What is GILC?
GILC is an intensive, Friday - Sunday annual student conference for international, study abroad, and other students. Around 150 students from 12-15 different colleges around Georgia meet, network, present sessions, learn from one another and have fun! Come be a part of this great Georgia tradition!
When is GILC?
2021 Dates are TBD, but typically in February / early March.
Where is GILC?
GEORGIA FFA-FCCLA CENTER, COVINGTON, GA
Student Quotes from GILC 2020
"Go with an open mind and engage yourself." | Chisom D., Nigeria, Business
"The people and events were amazing! I would 100% recomment it!" | Kara J., Jamaica, Biology
"The best part was meeting people from other countries and colleges. The game night was really fun!" | Aka N., Nigeria, Mass Comm.
"It has changed my life forever. You will learn to look inside yourself and be a better person!" | Paris G. Madagascar-American, Linguistic Anthropology
ISAP and ISC cover the following cost:
- student registration ($110 each)
- lodging for 2 nights and 5 meals
Video and More Details