Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of West Georgia!
We look forward to welcoming you soon! Next, complete the steps below to receive your immigration documents and apply for your student visa if needed.
What's Next? Checklist:
- If you've never visited UWG, check out our video tour, virtual tour, and interactive campus map.
- These steps are also in our International Pre-Arrival Guide.
- SUBMIT: Financial Certification Documents *REQUIRED prior to issuance of form I-20 or DS-2019 and for Lawful Presence Verification.
- On the page above, click > Financial tab > New Int'l Student Financial Certification.
- Submit the form to provide documentation about your your funding source for 1 year.
- Depedents (spouse or child): They need immigration documents too, so additional financial support is required in Section II, #2.
- Then, email the completed form back to ISAP (email@example.com) for review.
- RECEIVE: I-20 or DS-2019
- APPLY FOR: Student Visa (F1 or J1)
- ACTIVATE: Your "MyUWG" Account
- ARRANGE: Housing
6. ARRIVE & SETTLE: ISAP is planning to provide an airport pick-up shuttle Fall Semester, 2021. Details at the link.
10. (Optional) REQUEST: Waiver of Student Health Insurance
- Students with alternate health insurance coverage may request a waiver of the UWG plan or keep the university provided plan too. Simply pay the insurance fee by the payment deadline. Health insurance waivers are not automatic and must be submitted each Fall and Spring for consideration.
11. UPDATE: Your Local Address in Carrollton
- Whenever you move, log into Banweb and update your local address within 10 days.
- Also inform ISAP so we can update your address in SEVIS. The 2 addresses should always match.
- Your local address is your responsibility to avoid official mail going to an outdated address.