Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of West Georgia!
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
After academic admission, you'll need to complete the steps below in order to received your immigration documents, student visa and proceed to the next steps.
- If you've never visited UWG, please check out our video campus tour, self-guided virtual tour, and our interactive campus map.
- These steps are also in our International Pre-Arrival Guide.
- From the link, click > Financial tab > New Int'l Student Financial Certification.
- On the form, provide details about your source of income for 1 year, and provide supporting documentation of those sources. Then, email it back to ISAP for review and processing of your form I-20 or DS-2019.
- RECEIVE: I-20 or DS-2019
- APPLY FOR: Student Visa (F1 or J1)
- ACTIVATE: Your "MyUWG" Account
- ARRANGE: Housing
6. ARRIVE & SETTLE: ISAP is unable to provide an airport pick-up shuttle Fall Semester, 2020, but there are other options at the link.
10. (Optional) REQUEST: Waiver of Student Health Insurance
- Students who with alternate health insurance coverage that meets eligibility requirements may request a waiver of the university's plan.
- Health insurance waivers are not automatic and must be submitted each Fall and Spring for consideration.
- If the student wishes to keep the university provided plan, no action is required except to pay that portion of fees in the student account by the payment deadline.
11. UPDATE: Your Local Address in Carrollton
- Whenever you move, log into Banweb and update your local address within 10 days.
- Also inform ISAP so we can update your address in SEVIS. The 2 addresses should always match.
- Your local address is your responsibility to avoid official mail going to an outdated address.