Health Insurance Requirement
All international students are required to have health insurance during their stay in the United States. However, there are several options that are available to students.
Health insurance for international students works very differently than in many other countries. Below is a short video that explains what health insurance is and what most plans will cover.
When choosing a plan, it is important to consider the following:
- price and affordability of the plan
- coverage amounts
- cost for doctor and hospital visits
- any medical conditions you have and how your plan with cover your needs.
Options for Health Care Coverage
Students are able to choose their health care insurance provider. UWG students are automatically enrolled in an United Healthcare Plan. However, students who choose to buy insurance in their home country or another private insurance company can waive out of the United Healthcare Plan.
- Plans starting at $39 per month.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email Mark Khoury at Mark.Khoury@psiservice.com