University of West Georgia is a "Best Fit" for students in search of:
Excellent Reputation | Small Classes
- Established 1906. UWG's Accolades & Awards
- Fully accredited, public, comprehensive university
- Popular Majors: STEM Programs, Social Scieces, Arts & Humanities, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Law, Pre-Engineering, Mass Comm., Business, and Nursing
- Nationally Ranked: Richards College of Business and Tanner School of Nursing
- 100+ Majors and Minors offered
- Double Major and Minor options? YES
- 19:1 student / faculty ratio
- Free tutoring, academic assistance, writing center help
- English Language Exams: TOEFL 69 or IELTS 6.0, unless from an official English speaking country.
- Academic Exams: ACT English or Reading 17, Math 17; or SAT (Evidence Based Reading and Writing) 480 and Math 450 required.
- Secondary School Transripts - for Freshman applicants
- Foreign Credential Evaluation of all university credit - for Transfer applicants
- Other: No personal essay required in application, $40 application fee, Statement of extra-curricular activities.
- Graduate Admssions: varies by program
Traditional College Life
- Check Out Our Videos!
- Whole person support! Admissions > Advising & Activities > Academic Support & Tutoring > Graduation > US Employment
- 13,500 UWG students, including 2,600 Graduate Students
- Active International Student Club | Free weekly Shopper Shuttle
- 100+ student clubs, organizations, activites and intramural sports
- 13 University Athletic Teams
- Brand New on-campus Student Health clinic
- Beautiful, Safe, Green, 2.6km sq campus with a close-nit, personal feel
Costs | Financial Support | Location
- $32,000 required for I-20
- Above is estimate for 1 academic year tuition, fees, insurance, room and meal plan
- Full and partial tuition waivers avalible to academically qualified students
- On-Campus employment up to 20 hrs. / week. Average pay, $8.25 US / hr.
- Located 1 hour west of Atlanta, GA and the busiest airport in the world. We’ll pick you up! The region is home to 15+ “Fortune 500” and 1,250 multinational companies where many of our graduates do internships and receive job offers.
- Personal advising and support to obtain CPT and OPT authorization for internships pre-graduation and U.S. employment post-graduation.