International Undergraduate Out-of-State Tuition Waivers
This information is intended for unerdergraduate international students who are currently enrolled or applying to UWG.
- Graduate Int'l Waivers are administered by the Graduate School.
- Domestic student waivers are administered by UWG Admissions .
Residents of Georgia who are U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents pay state property taxes and other fees over time. Therefore, tuition for U.S. citizens and Permanent residents of Georgia is known as "in-state tuition". Students from other states and countries are "non-residents" of Georgia. They pay "out-of-state tuition" which is much higher than in-state tuition. Note: All international students in F1 or J1 status are non-residents, regardless of length of time lived in Georgiam, property or business ownership.
- Based on 1 semester, full-time enrollment of 12 credit hours.
- Georgia Resident rate: $2185
- Out-of-State & International Student rate: $7712
- Value of Presidential (100%) Out-of-State Tuition Waiver for 1 academic year / 2 semesters: $11,054
Note: There is a limited quantity of out-of-state tuition waivers!
Waivers are limited in supply and competitive. Waivers that are not awarded upon initial application to UWG require a separate application after satisfactory academic performance. Awardees are also expected to fully contribute to student life and leadership opportunities at UWG.
- Only students in active status in F1 visa category are eligible.
- Failure to maintain academic requirements based on end of term institutional GPA will result in waiver probation the following semester. If the GPA doesn't meet eligibility requirements at the end of the probation semester, the student will not be eligible for a waiver the following semester.
- The institutional GPA, not transfer GPA, is the basis for all waiver considerations.
- Waivers are awarded annually and renewalbe prior to each Fall if a new waiver application is submitted.
Waiver Renewal Priority
- 1st Priority: continuing students with a current waiver.
- 2nd Priority: new students
- 3rd Priority: continuing students without a waiver who become waiver-eligible upon strong academic performance at UWG.
Waiver Amounts & Criteria
* EBRW = Evidence Based Reading & Writing combined score on the Revised SAT (RSAT).
Apply for the Waiver
- Fill out the International Student Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Application.
- Attach a copy of your current resume.
- Attach a 1-page, double-spaced essay describing the merits of your application and how the waiver will benefit your studies at UWG.